Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo P, Y and Z series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

12 Posts

05-27-2013

Nicaragua

20 Signins

188 Page Views

• Views: 188
  • Message 1 of 2

My Lenovo Y500 doesn't boot. and shows an weird blue screen

2013-05-27, 22:09 PM

Last thursday I got my new lenovo Y500. I was really happy with it and it work perfectly just 3 days.

Yesterday morning I used my compuputer to play for a while and then warch a movie. Then I turned it off because I had to go. When I come back I turned on the laptop and it just get stucked in the Lenovo's logo. and then in the upper left corner it shows a messsage that said " Checking Media" A few seconds passed and a blue screen appears on the center and shows this message:

Defauld boot device Missing or Boot Failed.
Insert Recovery Media and Hit any key
then select boot manager to choose a new Boot
Device or to Boot Recovery Media.

I tried to go to the bios and try to boot in diferent ways but i doesnt worked, The message just continued showing.

After a while i realized that the in the Bios only appeared the SSD of 16 gb an the DVD optical drive. but not the 1TB HDD. I dont know what to do. help please

Options

67 Posts

01-16-2013

USA

281 Signins

851 Page Views

• Views: 851
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: My Lenovo Y500 doesn't boot. and shows an weird blue screen

2013-05-28, 14:23 PM

more than likely the bios does not recognize the HDD- mine is back off to texas for a replacement (already had the top cover/. touchpad replaced)-

i advise you return your laptop (assuming you are still in your 21 days) and spend the money elsewehre- these machines are nothing but trouble!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)