Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo P, Y and Z series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

12 Posts

01-02-2010

India

32 Signins

154 Page Views

• Views: 154
  • Message 1 of 2

My System Problem

2010-08-05, 11:51 AM

Hi , I am using Lenovo Y730 Laptop and is having Vista 64bit OS.

Now the story starts now..

I Have started my system format using one key format..

Suddenly power failure happened in my home..

After that onwards boot manager error is coming whenever i am starting my machine.

Then I have used my disc recovery DVD (previously i have taken back up)using to format.but it is giving error as hard size is less to format...

Then i have formatted my c drive using some oher vista CD...but driver are not supporting ..

so i have copied my all drives data into my external drive.

Now also disk space error is coming..then i have deleted healthy partition data also..

Then it was allowed to format complete hard drive using back up DVD's.

So every thing is fine but  i am not able to use one key recovery button ...it is not working..

Blue tooth also not working

And i found in one my drive Pagefile.sys..it is occupying around 5.99GB.

What is this Pagefile.sys and can i delete this ?

and i have find two hidden folders one is system information folder and the other is recycle bin in all my drives ..It is not a virus right..

Now I am having two problems.

1.One is frequently blue screen is coming and memory dump is happening.

2.This is a strange problem Daily i am having this issue, This is related to internet. some times in a day,internet suddenly stopping .So i have to restart my system,otherwise i have to restore to previous good working status

using MSCONFIG-->tools-->C:\WINDOWS\system32\restore\rstrui.exe

I have asked broad band people, they told their side there is no problem. they told problem is there in your system.

During that time, i am able to download through torrent and through browser not able to browse every thing.

Help also not working..it is saying that site is under construction..

Could you please help me in this regards.

Thanks ,  Harish

Options

43 Posts

07-15-2010

Melbourne

266 Signins

728 Page Views

• Views: 728
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: My System Problem

2010-08-05, 13:49 PM

a.) pagefile.sys is the paging file or virtual memory. Its normal. Google it

b.) from your power failure description you could have either faulty RAM, or damaged your drive's filesystem.

RAM

download memtest, burn it to CD or USB, and run it overnight. If it fails, replace your ram. If there are no errors move onto the disk, which is more drastic:

DISK

assuming its not RAM your file system sounds completely broken due to interrupted format. When you do one key recovery, it only recovers the system partition, but your entire drive filesystem is somehow messed up.

first, try to use scandisk to check the drive for errors. If it doesn't work:

Your only option is to completely format the hard drive using an external tool like normal windows install CD or a linux recovery disk. IF YOU DO THIS YOU WILL LOSE THE ONEKEY PARTITION, so make sure you have copies of your recovery disks. 

Previously I am guessing when you say you 'formatted' you only formatted your old system partition. That's what the recovery disks do by default. But due to your power failure earlier the entire drive's filesystem looks damaged. 

From your description I think a lot of this will be new to you so I'm afraid you'll just have to do a LOT of googling and learning. But basically you need to wipe the entire drive, deleting all existing partitions (including the onekey recovery parition) so you have a clean drive and file system. Then install, either using normal windows disks, or your recovery disks. 

If all this fails then you unfortunately damaged your hard drive and have to get a new one. 

If after replacing RAM and / or replacing hard drive and doing complete format (of entire drive not just system partition) its still broken, then sorry, back to lenovo is your only option.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)