India

3 Signins

49 Page Views

• Views: 49
  • Message 1 of 2

Need help - Want to replace my lenovo z5170 laptop's hdd with 250gb ssd

2020-09-12, 9:33 AM

Hi,

I have a lenovo z51-70 laptop (modelno- 80k6) (s/n - MPO9ABPC).

It has a 1tb hdd. I want to replace this with a  "Western Digital WD Green 240 GB 2.5 inch SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (WDS240G2G0A)" .

Now i have not replaced hdd's before so i am a bit confused whether i am ordering the right parts for my laptop.

I am planning to clone my windows 10os to the ssd with macrium software using "USB 3.0 to 2.5" SATA III Hard Drive Adapter 0.5 M Long Cab". Then swap the hdd with the ssd.

So, will everything work? Or am i doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Options

725 Posts

03-11-2020

NO

80 Signins

4413 Page Views

• Views: 4413
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Need help - Want to replace my lenovo z5170 laptop's hdd with 250gb ssd

2020-09-14, 8:31 AM

Hi,

Welcome to the Lenovo forum community!

You should be fine, although, as a safety precaution, i would suggest the following:

make backup of your important files.

go to pcsupport.lenovo.com search with serial number, go to Drivers & Software, and order Recovery Media, if the cloning doesnt work out.

alternative, you can download microsoft USB tool to create a bootable windows install, and use that instead (when asking for serial, just click i dont have any) then download Lenovo vantage from microsoft store when done installing, if the cloning does not work out.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete