Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo P, Y and Z series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

24 Posts

06-19-2016

India

32 Signins

312 Page Views

• Views: 312
  • Message 1 of 5

Need to get a detailed Hardware list for my laptop - Lenovo Y510p

2021-05-02, 9:51 AM

Hi, 

As the title suggests I'm looking for a detailed hardware list for my laptop.

- Going to Support >Parts: Only includes some parts and now some of the fixed hardware parts like - details on the various USB ports, SATA ports, motherboard etc. 
- Going toSupport > Knowledge Base > Products and Parts does have the entire list, but no details. 

I remember the entire list being accisble somewhere just that I can no longer find it.

In particular I'm looking for information on the m.2/mPCIe ports that my laptop has. Some places mention an m.2 port and some places an mPCIe port (which are not the same). I'm looking to connect additional drives and hence need the exact specs to ensure I'm purchasing a compatible product. 

Thanks!

Options

4591 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

282 Signins

25768 Page Views

• Views: 25768
  • Message 2 of 5

Re:Need to get a detailed Hardware list for my laptop - Lenovo Y510p

2021-05-03, 4:11 AM

Greetings ksuthayya,

Good to have you here. If you are looking for an official list for the parts of your unit, you may certainly check the hardware manual (page 86)of the unit on the support page as this lists all the OEM compatible parts to your unit.

Please share the machine type model / MTM (ex. 81C70000RK) from the sticker as it would help us detail more about your machine variant.

The machine type model / MTM consists of more than four characters.

Update us soon as convenient.

Regards.
Dex_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

24 Posts

06-19-2016

India

32 Signins

312 Page Views

• Message 3 of 5

2021-05-03, 5:50 AM

Hi, 

Thanks, I forgot to mention that I'd already checked the hardware manual. There is no mention about anything pertaining to the bus architecture. 

Anyhow, the type of my y510p is 20217 and the MTM (as per what the LSB has auto detected) is 649459390016. As mentioned before, I'm looking for more detail wrt the m2/mPCIe port. I remember there was a place to download this in an Excel sheet before, can no longer find that. All the downloads I've managed recently, have very few components listed. 

Thanks Dex!

Options

4591 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

282 Signins

25768 Page Views

• Views: 25768
  • Message 4 of 5

2021-05-03, 21:48 PM

Hello ksuthayya,

From parts lookup or even with the board part number, you may want to use the details to get other needed information.

Do elaborate on your plans for such details so we can assist further.

Regards.
Dex_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

24 Posts

06-19-2016

India

32 Signins

312 Page Views

• Message 5 of 5

2021-05-04, 6:25 AM

Umm, I've already mentioned:  
"In particular I'm looking for information on the m.2/mPCIe ports that my laptop has. Some places mention an m.2 port and some places an mPCIe port (which are not the same). I'm looking to connect additional drives and hence need the exact specs to ensure I'm purchasing a compatible product."

I want to know the exact specs of the m.2 port that I have and what kind of SSDs I can buy for it. Additionally, I want the same information for my RAMs. The link you sent says "No matching data"

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms