Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo P, Y and Z series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

10 Posts

09-11-2012

Germany

25 Signins

298 Page Views

  • Posts: 10
  • Registered: ‎09-11-2012
  • Location: Germany
  • Views: 298
  • Message 11 of 21

Re: New z580 with Free DOS

2012-09-11, 13:45 PM

 


İ see,

 

well i thought you bought it from a shop in your area,or a Lenovo site,

 

that's why i suggested,returning it and getting a OEM installed

 

OS instead.(that means that the OS is pre-installed on the laptop)

 

Sorry don't know what else to tell you.


 

Well they do have a return option if im not satisfied (or there is an issue)  in the first 2 weeks. It is an official shop, not just a random eBay seller. http://www.heinzsoft-shop.de/  

 

So my last option would simply be to return it, and buy in another place,  I rather not go thru all that hassle if possible.

 

Il just wait untill i get the laptop in the next few days and see if there is a DVD with the drivers missing on the site. and then update this post.

 

Once again, thanks for the help 

Reply
Options

833 Posts

04-14-2012

İstanbul

856 Signins

12746 Page Views

  • Posts: 833
  • Registered: ‎04-14-2012
  • Location: İstanbul
  • Views: 12746
  • Message 12 of 21

Re: New z580 with Free DOS

2012-09-11, 14:08 PM

wrote:

 


İ see,

 

well i thought you bought it from a shop in your area,or a Lenovo site,

 

that's why i suggested,returning it and getting a OEM installed

 

OS instead.(that means that the OS is pre-installed on the laptop)

 

Sorry don't know what else to tell you.


 

Well they do have a return option if im not satisfied (or there is an issue)  in the first 2 weeks. It is an official shop, not just a random eBay seller. http://www.heinzsoft-shop.de/  

 

So my last option would simply be to return it, and buy in another place,  I rather not go thru all that hassle if possible.

 

Il just wait untill i get the laptop in the next few days and see if there is a DVD with the drivers missing on the site. and then update this post.

 

Once again, thanks for the help 


Again you're very welcome,

and yes since you can return it

 

there is no problem really.although  of course you would not want to go through that hassle

 

As i said earlier if you want all of the Lenovo programs on the system,

 

you'll need to get a laptop where the OS is already preinstalled  and ready to use

 

like in my laptop.

 

Yes do let us know,how you go.

 

 

Reply
Options

1725 Posts

08-14-2011

USA

1886 Signins

25513 Page Views

  • Posts: 1725
  • Registered: ‎08-14-2011
  • Location: USA
  • Views: 25513
  • Message 13 of 21

Re: New z580 with Free DOS

2012-09-11, 15:36 PM

Onekey recovery is dependent on partition size, not OS. Should you have the default partitions (there should be 4), you have a good chance of being able to use OneKey recovery.

Also, when you install Windows 7, you will be able to use the OneKey Theater provided that you install both the OneKey Theater and the Energy Management driver (this is OS depended, not partition depended).

Reply
Options

10 Posts

09-11-2012

Germany

25 Signins

298 Page Views

  • Posts: 10
  • Registered: ‎09-11-2012
  • Location: Germany
  • Views: 298
  • Message 14 of 21

Re: New z580 with Free DOS

2012-09-13, 12:58 PM

wrote:

Onekey recovery is dependent on partition size, not OS. Should you have the default partitions (there should be 4), you have a good chance of being able to use OneKey recovery.

Also, when you install Windows 7, you will be able to use the OneKey Theater provided that you install both the OneKey Theater and the Energy Management driver (this is OS depended, not partition depended).


Thanks for the Info.

 

Just got my Laptop a half an hour ago, and yes it has the default 4 partitions. im at the screen to install windows 7, but not sure which partition to use so I can get the OneKey Recovery working,

 

The partitions are as follows.

 

Disk 0 Partition 1                                           Size 29.3 GB                  Free Space:   29.2 GB            Type: System

Disk 0 Partition 2                                           Size 29.3 GB                  Free Space:    29.3 GB           Type: Primary 

Disk 0 Unallocated Space                           Size 639.0 GB               Free Space:    639.3 GB         Type:

Disk 0 Partition 3: LENOVO_PART            Size: 1.1 GB                   Free Space:   460.0 MB          Type: OEM (Reserved)

 

 

In which one do i need to install windows 7.

I will just wait until I get a response before proceeding with the installation I don't want to make any mistake

Reply
Options

1725 Posts

08-14-2011

USA

1886 Signins

25513 Page Views

  • Posts: 1725
  • Registered: ‎08-14-2011
  • Location: USA
  • Views: 25513
  • Message 15 of 21

Re: New z580 with Free DOS

2012-09-13, 13:18 PM

Just install the onekey recovery driver and all should work fine. If not, I recently found out about the Onekey recovery 7.0 engineer edtion. You should google it should the driver fail.

Reply
Options

10 Posts

09-11-2012

Germany

25 Signins

298 Page Views

  • Posts: 10
  • Registered: ‎09-11-2012
  • Location: Germany
  • Views: 298
  • Message 16 of 21

Re: New z580 with Free DOS

2012-09-13, 13:30 PM

wrote:

Just install the onekey recovery driver and all should work fine. If not, I recently found out about the Onekey recovery 7.0 engineer edtion. You should google it should the driver fail.


Alright thanks will do, but in which partition from the ones i mentioned should i install windows 7? im at the installation screen right now, but i need to choose where to install it.

Reply
Options

1725 Posts

08-14-2011

USA

1886 Signins

25513 Page Views

  • Posts: 1725
  • Registered: ‎08-14-2011
  • Location: USA
  • Views: 25513
  • Message 17 of 21

Re: New z580 with Free DOS

2012-09-13, 14:31 PM
Disk 0 Unallocated Space Size 639.0 GB Free Space: 639.3 GB Type:

^^^^
Turn that into the system partition.
Reply
Options

10 Posts

09-11-2012

Germany

25 Signins

298 Page Views

  • Posts: 10
  • Registered: ‎09-11-2012
  • Location: Germany
  • Views: 298
  • Message 18 of 21

Re: New z580 with Free DOS

2012-09-13, 14:55 PM

wrote:
Disk 0 Unallocated Space Size 639.0 GB Free Space: 639.3 GB Type:

^^^^
Turn that into the system partition.

ups i just used the 

Disk 0 Partition 2                                           Size 29.3 GB                  Free Space:    29.3 GB           Type: Primary 

 

to install windows 7, Woulnt that be fine? that way i just use the 639 gb drive for other programs and files, while keeping the OS separated, or is the Disk partition 2 Size 29.3 GB ment for something else?

 

Reply
Options

1725 Posts

08-14-2011

USA

1886 Signins

25513 Page Views

  • Posts: 1725
  • Registered: ‎08-14-2011
  • Location: USA
  • Views: 25513
  • Message 19 of 21

Re: New z580 with Free DOS

2012-09-13, 15:14 PM

Disk 0 Partition 2 should be fine.

Reply
Options

10 Posts

09-11-2012

Germany

25 Signins

298 Page Views

  • Posts: 10
  • Registered: ‎09-11-2012
  • Location: Germany
  • Views: 298
  • Message 20 of 21

Re: New z580 with Free DOS

2012-09-13, 19:25 PM

Thanks

 

Everything worked out good, Installed all the drivers, Onekey Recovery is working and so is everything else.

 

I got one last question tho. The Disk with 29 gbs where i installed windows is almost full. so im wondering if i resize that disk (give it more space) and make the 638 GB disk a little smaller. will the OneKey Rescue still work?

 

 

Reply
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms