Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo P, Y and Z series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

8 Posts

06-02-2009

Philadelphia, PA USA

25 Signins

177 Page Views

• Views: 177
  • Message 11 of 14

Re: FIXED: Loud Beep when plugging/unplugging the AC Adapter. Solution from Lenovo tech support....

2009-06-09, 1:16 AM

ddimicco: with the Vista Image I found that changing the settings in the power profile worked for that originally, you have to change it for all 3 profiles (balanced/power saving/performance). see my first post in the thread.

it does suck. but what you can do is mute the speakers (using the mute button on the right side) or the taskbar menu and then the computer doesnt beep.

Options

5 Posts

03-30-2009

Florida

5 Signins

41 Page Views

• Views: 41
  • Message 12 of 14

Re: FIXED: Loud Beep when plugging/unplugging the AC Adapter. Solution from Lenovo tech support....

2009-06-09, 1:20 AM

Did that, too.  Are you sure about this fix?  This is the second Lenovo I ordered in a couple of months, and so far this is rather disappointing.

Options

8 Posts

06-02-2009

Philadelphia, PA USA

25 Signins

177 Page Views

• Views: 177
  • Message 13 of 14

2009-06-09, 1:28 AM

my original post came from a Lenovo tech support guy. it worked for a little while. Until i started uninstalling some of the apps that came iwith the laptop. The machine is too sluggish for me. the fix stopped working after some uninstalls. with all the extras removed the pc aws much faster but the beep was too annoying.

i'd call tech support, i have all the different fixes in place and non of them worked alone. but the last few hours, with the "enhanced tab" fix -- it's stopped beeping and i don't have ot mute all the other sounds. I ALSO have the fix in post one in place (low battery alert set to off) and the PC Beep set to 0 (and Mute).

try all three together...

good luck

Options

3 Posts

06-06-2009

georgia

10 Signins

54 Page Views

• Views: 54
  • Message 14 of 14

2009-06-09, 19:38 PM

The first time I tried this fix it didn't work. I had to shut down my computer and restart it and then it fixed it.

I hope this helps. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms