Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo P, Y and Z series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

01-19-2014

1 Signins

9 Page Views

• Message 1 of 3

Nvidia driver 327.62 problems

2014-01-19, 16:10 PM

Two days ago, I shut down my computer and it automatically updated. The main thing that was installed was Nvidia update 1.14.17 and Nvidia graphics driver 327.62. I play some different games and most of them seem to be working. Except League of Legends. Every time I even try to open it, it just says the kernel has stopped working. My computer said there was a problem with the driver in the action center and I followed some steps to try to fix it. First I tried to update which did not work. Then I tried to rollback with no success. I reupdated and tried searching the site the action center suggested with no luck. 

Should I enter uninstall a program settings and uninstall both updates that show up from the other day?

I also tried to reinstall the game league of legends with no luck so it has to be something with the driver.

Thanks

Options

6095 Posts

02-11-2012

Philippines

4464 Signins

274777 Page Views

• Views: 274777
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Nvidia driver 327.62 problems

2014-01-20, 19:00 PM

hi Zax66,

Welcome to the Forums.

From the troubleshooting steps that you have already done, uninstalling the Nvidia Driver from Control Panel (large icon view) > Program and Features would be the next step as this will clear the video driver, registry entries, and all additional components.

Once the system uses a generic driver, try installing back the old Nvidia Driver that worked (if this is a laptop, you can find the OEM driver under D:\Drivers\.

In an event that manually installing the driver doesn't fixx it, it's possible that a Windows Update was applied to the system and not just the Nvidia Update. In this case, try performing a System Restore in Safe Mode and observe.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

46 Posts

08-22-2013

CT, USA

18 Signins

372 Page Views

• Views: 372
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Nvidia driver 327.62 problems

2014-02-18, 16:06 PM
I would just do a Windows Restore (Control Panel) from the the automatic backup Windows does whenever it senses an update, in your case 2 days ago. Then you will be fine and I would also suggest you turn off the Nvidia automatic update.
My experience led me to only use drivers and driver updates that come from the Lenovo download site for this machine.

Akakroke
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms