Options

4 Posts

07-22-2012

India

3 Signins

69 Page Views

• Views: 69
  • Message 1 of 6

OKR button works after Partition resize...

2012-07-22, 12:48 PM

To repair Onekey Recovery Button after partitioning:-

Tools needed: Partition Wizard, Partition Table Editor & DiskManagement in Computer Management console of windows (Admin.tools).

This is only if you never used OKR button before partitoning!

After resizing partions (leaving C: larger than 80 gb, hidden Recovery part. untouched, utilize rest of space as you like, DON'T ever leave empty space before C:) use PartitionWizard to make Recovery partition (one with no letter) visible by changing Type to 07 & give a Drive Letter too.

Open this F: or G: find factory.wsi Rename it as factory.txt  Change PartitionLength value to current size of C: (right click on C: drive> Properties, note down Capacity byte size of C:). Save & Rename back to factory.wsi

In DiskManagement remove drive letter of Recov. parttion. See if it has become invisible or not. Then in ptedit32 change Type of partition 3 again (07 to 12), Save changes. (Don't make any type or boot changes to 1, which is C:).

Next time press Onekey Recovery button to boot, it'll load Onekey Rescue system, first system repair, skip it to get to Onekey Recovery. Then choose either Factory default or any other saved backup.wsi.

So even after altering partitions just once, OKR button will still work. After resizing drives just update .wsi in hidden drive. Once the OKR button is used, never alter hard disk again. It won't be repaired twice in one windows installation.

{My own experience with Y430 Vista HomPrm}

- Manish. 20-7-12

Solved! See the solution
Options

25 Posts

07-21-2012

USA

30 Signins

297 Page Views

• Views: 297
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: OKR button works after Partition resize...

2012-07-22, 16:58 PM

You can also use the program and steps mentioned here: http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-3000-and-Essential/Disk-Partitioning-and-OneKey-Recovery-Feature/td-p/8036/page/37

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

4 Posts

07-22-2012

India

3 Signins

69 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

2012-07-24, 9:01 AM
Though making new partition(s) won't work as hidden recovery part. is recognized as 3. So just resize C: & D: (existing partitions).
& make sure it was never booted using OKR button before otherwise cancel drive resize plans.
Options

4 Posts

07-22-2012

India

3 Signins

69 Page Views

• Message 4 of 6

2012-07-24, 9:42 AM

Thanks Hastibe for this useful link! :smileyhappy: I checked it out but haven't yet used this Okr engineering cd. I'll have to get torrent client first. But I read Bodmas' post, according to that I learned;

option 1 (clean disk & recreate all partitions, that too without OS) is NO-NO.

option 2 (recreate hidden recovery partition & fill in existing backup, which may exceed 14.26gb) is ok if you want to forget the OS & factory setup which came with the Pc. Better is to burn recovery disk from factory.wsi (using OKR 7 feature or in OKR 6 make Recov. part. visible then burn), before using this option 2, so we'll have the original too for nostalgic purposes. I still feel Lenovo should have given more space for either recovery part. or default back up part. D:

If recovery partition got deleted then option 2 is the only savior.

option 3 (fix ASD) sounds great but does it work after resizing C: or it just repairs a non-working OKR button which has been used/not used. It's not clear till I experiment with it. What is this ASD & where it resides, if we know we cud try fixing it too. :manwink:

Lastly I don't understand why OKR is so sensitive as if it's windows OS. A recovery software should work under any (possible) circumstance otherwise it's 'half-recovery'. e.g. if drives are resized yet OS/data is still in them, OKR should retrieve it, button should work. There can be a setting file with in OKR, which can be updated or can keep log of hard disk changes, at least drives resize info. If that happens it'll be the best recovery software available pre-installed, working independent of OS, activated by a tiny button! - Manish Shrivastaw.

Options

9380 Posts

11-27-2007

SK

15518 Signins

2040239 Page Views

• Views: 2040239
  • Message 5 of 6

2013-07-08, 15:11 PM

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

Options

10 Posts

07-17-2013

11 Signins

59 Page Views

• Message 6 of 6

2013-07-25, 11:00 AM
Hello.. i've the same problem but i could not find the factory.wsi file !!!!! any suggestion ?
my lap is z580 with preinstalled win 7 home basic
thank you
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete