Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo P, Y and Z series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

12-04-2008

NEW YORK, US

30 Signins

249 Page Views

• Views: 249
  • Message 271 of 841

Re: IdeaPad Shipping / Order discussion

2008-12-23, 20:22 PM

Hey guys,

Final update from me, guess some of you guys did get lucky, so CONGRADS. I'm not willing to hang around and hope that Lenovo will ship it to me someday when they please. After waiting for nearly 4 weeks, I cancelled the order went out and bought myself a nice computer. Suprisingly, I got a great deal on it and am more than happy with it. Just wished I'd saved myself the agitation of ordering from Lenovo in the first place.Good luck for you guys waiting for delivery, and for anyone reading before buying the computer, do read the thread and make sure you know what your in for. 

Options

10 Posts

12-15-2008

Fountain Valley, CA

17 Signins

265 Page Views

• Views: 265
  • Message 272 of 841

2008-12-23, 23:51 PM
canceled my order

all seriousness....i will definitely come back in a year hopefully....after i cool down

i am really looking forward to using one of these laptops....but maybe when things get back into shape
Options

23 Posts

12-22-2008

NY

21 Signins

260 Page Views

• Views: 260
  • Message 273 of 841

2008-12-26, 20:51 PM

Same thing here, I placed my order on Nov 28th, still hasn't been shipped. Another call today (about 8 in total) said its scheduled to be shipped out the week of the 30th now. I have been given a new ship date with every call.

Very irritated by this entire ordeal, but I have been in contact with someone and we will see what happens.

:smileysad:

Options

16 Posts

12-07-2008

USA

229 Signins

912 Page Views

• Views: 912
  • Message 274 of 841

2008-12-27, 1:57 AM

My wife placed an order for a Y530 40512UU on 12/11, with the website indicating rapid shipment (within a couple of days).  The first posted shipping date was 12/19, then it was pushed back to 12/31.  Still listed as in process.

I had a recent good experience with Lenovo when I ordered a T400 2764CTO so I hope it will turn out the same for my wife.

Options

4 Posts

12-28-2008

Canada

4 Signins

58 Page Views

• Views: 58
  • Message 275 of 841

2008-12-28, 6:25 AM

Hey guys, like most of you, i'm having a horrible time with the shipping of my order.

I ordered a IdeaPad Y530 (405164U) on 12/03/2009 and i'm still waiting for processing.  The initial estimated shipping date was 12/10/2008 and now it's been pushed back to 1/7/2009.  When I spoke with a Lenovo CSR, I was told that the delay was due to a large amount of orders being placed on the same model thus it being on back order, which was understandable.  I was willing to wait for such a good deal. 

However, the problem I have is that the same model (405164U) that I ordered, is available for ordering on the Lenovo website and it says that it would ship in 5 business days.  I don't understand Lenovo's reasoning in putting the model up for order when they haven't even fufilled previous orders of the same model which should have priority.  Lenovo needs to ship orders that have already been placed 3 weeks ago before they start "selling" orders and promising shipping in 5 days.

As a loyal IBM customer (I have a T40 and a T43 that still run like charms), I'll wait this one out, but Lenovo needs to get its act together if it doesn't want to lose customers.

If anyone could look into my order, I'd appreciate it greatly. Order Number is 2D6M7K.

Options

9 Posts

12-19-2008

Austin, Texas

12 Signins

130 Page Views

• Views: 130
  • Message 276 of 841

Mark Lenovo The Nice Man...Please don't don't dissapoint me now. I am so need of help.

2008-12-30, 2:27 AM

I am absolutely disgusted and offended by the level of incompetence.  I ordered on December 3rd for a laptop Y530 order number 2D6N84.  I have been informed by 4 levels of idiots that have not only lied,  but also mocked my intelligence.

Zainul A - Told me over the phone repeatedly that the order was in process and that it was in the warehouse.  I've called him many times.  He told me it would be shipped out December the 17th.  Then it was moved to January 7.

Grusha G - The level of offense this person espouses is so severe that I am ashamed to be in the species as her.  Her extension number is:  xxxxxx  She informed me that my order was never ever in the queue.  Then it was informed through another call later on that Zain told me that it was now in the queue and being processed.  I called last week and Grusha picks up the phone and tells me nope, "It's not on the queue and never was."  Gee thanks Zain.  You are a liar.

Santosh - The highest level of failure.  The "amount" of brazen pretense this person has for customer service is enough to kill me.  The amount of apologies he gave was nothing but smoke in my face.  He promised me that this order will be shipped out by this week.  I get an email from Grusha today that truly set the whole Yosemite National park on fire.  I am informed through Grusha that Santosh is informing me that I will get my order January 23rd of 2009.  Gee thanks Santosh, looks like you should be fired for not even getting your facts right.

Victoria - Extention xxxxxx ...The level of belligerence she emits is enough to force a black hole into oblivion.  She refuses to even TRY to find Santosh's supervisors saying how people have gone home.  No.  The hotline is still available and that means I expect people to give me service and try to help.  She has an ugly attitude with me and tries to educate me.

Lenovo -  I demand my rights as a customer now!!! 

Message Edited by twn78705 on 12-29-2008 06:29 PM
Message Edited by twn78705 on 12-29-2008 06:30 PM
Note from Moderator:  Lenovo employee identifying information removed.
Message Edited by nonny on 12-29-2008 10:34 PM
Options

131 Posts

12-06-2008

USA, New Jersey

203 Signins

2148 Page Views

• Views: 2148
  • Message 277 of 841

Re: Mark Lenovo The Nice Man...Please don't don't dissapoint me now. I am so need of help.

2008-12-30, 7:22 AM

A business is a business, holiday purchases and the RIDICULOUS volumes of inventory and incoming calls is crazy and nothing is perfect, doesnt matter what company your are.  To top that the economy sucks and everyones trying to adjust, so think of the end result..... thats all ANY company has now, their product.

The strengths we see in the Lenovo laptops i believe to be paramount.  Ive known this for long time, ive even supported a company for years which consisted of literally over several 1,000's of there business models globally (T60 T61 X60 X61).  With their reliability I remember the excitment when i first read their production of a model taliored to the consumer.... an ideapad.  When it came time I even still researched and waited, and then i again researched and waiting looking at all potential options before selecting my own, althought i knew i was going to grab a lenovo anyways i still didnt want to be one sided..... I bought an ideapad y430 and i bought this from a local store (sorry fella's u dont wait last minute to buy a major popular item, even weeks is last min) knowing that any rather large holiday purchase of a popular item is gonna be hell if orders exceed stock.

Point being i would rather wait a month then lose this system all together.  Bad systems suck, and although this thread mainly consists of only the unfortunate situations, some dont see the big picture and only themselves....  honestly any Lenovo laptop is worth it, you'll see.

Options

7 Posts

12-30-2008

Herndon, VA

13 Signins

60 Page Views

• Views: 60
  • Message 278 of 841

2008-12-30, 16:21 PM
I ordered my Y730 + a messenger bag on 12/26, with the ship date of 1/2 for the laptop and 12/30 for the bag.  My sales rep (excellent guy) told me that the model that I am ordering should hopefully ship sooner since it's not very high in demand (in a good way).
Options

7 Posts

12-30-2008

Herndon, VA

13 Signins

60 Page Views

• Message 279 of 841

2008-12-31, 13:32 PM
The status on my order just changed. The est. ship date for the bag was 12/31, and now I see it as 01/02 (same as the laptop now).  I'm starting to get a little concerned about the "processing" process.  This is a pre-configured laptop, I don't understand how hard can it be to ship an already built item out.  :robotsad:
Options

7 Posts

12-30-2008

Herndon, VA

13 Signins

60 Page Views

• Message 280 of 841

2008-12-31, 16:45 PM
I just got off the phone with a Lenovo sales rep and was told, surprise surprise, they're STILL waiting on my credit card to authorize.  Of course, the crap they've been giving to others on this forum.  The DAY I made the purchase (12/26) my online statement for my credit card showed "pending" for the charge, and it still does.  I'm currently looking at other options, and as soon as I find something that matches my desired specs, and they promise to "process" asap, I'm cancelling this order.  I don't have the time to play phone tag with Lenovo.:manmad:
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms