Indiana

4 Signins

28 Page Views

• Views: 28
  • Message 1 of 4

P500 Num Lock LED Indicator

2013-07-12, 6:33 AM

Hello,

I recently purchased the IdeaPad P500 from BestBuy, and I noticed when I turned the computer on the the NUMLOCK key was on, so I pushed it to turn the LED indicator off. **Only noting that the LED indicator worked at one point. 

A few days after I got it, I noticed that when I push the NumLock key, the LED indicator does not come on, but the key's function still works. It will even beep if I have it set to beep when pushed. So the key still works, the LED indicator just doesn't come on. A note to mention ** The caps lock LED indicator still works perfectly.

Anyone else experience this problem? Any solutions? 

I've researched a ton, and I really need help.....

Thanks in advance!

Options

5385 Posts

05-09-2013

US

6273 Signins

19373 Page Views

• Views: 19373
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: P500 Num Lock LED Indicator

2013-07-12, 14:07 PM

wrote:

Hello,

I recently purchased the IdeaPad P500 from BestBuy, and I noticed when I turned the computer on the the NUMLOCK key was on, so I pushed it to turn the LED indicator off. **Only noting that the LED indicator worked at one point. 

A few days after I got it, I noticed that when I push the NumLock key, the LED indicator does not come on, but the key's function still works. It will even beep if I have it set to beep when pushed. So the key still works, the LED indicator just doesn't come on. A note to mention ** The caps lock LED indicator still works perfectly.

Anyone else experience this problem? Any solutions? 

I've researched a ton, and I really need help.....

Thanks in advance!

When you reboot your notebook do you still see the numlock led light?

Options

2 Posts

07-12-2013

Indiana

4 Signins

28 Page Views

• Views: 28
  • Message 3 of 4

2013-07-12, 16:24 PM

No, it doesn't come on at all anymore. I'm thinking the LED indicator went out and needs replaced. That's my best guess anyway. This is frustrating because the machine isn't more than a week old, and I don't know if it is worth taking back to exchange the laptop since I've personalized it so much already. 

Options

5385 Posts

05-09-2013

US

6273 Signins

19373 Page Views

• Views: 19373
  • Message 4 of 4

2013-07-12, 18:29 PM

wrote:

No, it doesn't come on at all anymore. I'm thinking the LED indicator went out and needs replaced. That's my best guess anyway. This is frustrating because the machine isn't more than a week old, and I don't know if it is worth taking back to exchange the laptop since I've personalized it so much already. 

We have the same kb but the behavior after startup are opposite. After startup the num lock led in my kb is off.

If you can remember, when it was operating normally, perhaps you can do a windows "restore" to that particular date.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete