Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit our eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo P, Y and Z series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

09-20-2019

Russian Federation

3 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 1 of 2

Thinkpad P1. External monitor via Thunderbolt 3 dock station. Screen delay when the cover is closed.

2019-09-20, 11:01 AM

My problem is:

The external monitor (DELL 2715, 4K) is connected to ThinkPad P1 via Thunderbolt 3 dock station. Then the cover of notebook is closed, I move the app window by mouse, the window moves twitching. Then the cover is open, images on both screens, internal and external, are identical (clone mode), the window move very quick and smooth, like normal.

Also, if I see the video with closed cover, the video is twitching, but the cover is open, all the ok.

What is the solution of this problem? I need work on extarnal display with closed notebook cover.

Thank You!

Options

2635 Posts

08-02-2018

United States of America

735 Signins

14177 Page Views

• Views: 14177
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Thinkpad P1. External monitor via Thunderbolt 3 dock station. Screen delay

2019-10-22, 18:09 PM

Hi Johnnie_Walker! Welcome to our forums community. Try running the update from the Vantage app and install all available updates especially the graphics card driver. You may want to check on the proper configuration here: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/pd029622.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms