Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo P, Y and Z series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

10 Posts

08-02-2008

Toronto Ontario Canada

22 Signins

137 Page Views

• Views: 137
  • Message 1 of 2

Thinkpad and Ideapad 90W Slim AC/DC Combo Adapter

2008-08-14, 17:29 PM

I have an IdeaPad Y710 (and love everything about it).

However, please help me with some guidance/advice.

Under Lenovo/products/accessories & upgrades/batteries & power, I am advised that the 90 W Adapter does not support Y710 which requires 135W power.

Under Lenovo Support & downloads/Thinkpad and Ideapad 90W Slim AC/DC combo adapter, I am advised that it is compatible with IdeaPad Y710 Series/Canada. I am in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

This seems to be conflicting information, but perhaps I am not understanding the issue.

Can someone steer me in the right direction, please?

Options

3290 Posts

02-17-2008

Australia

1962 Signins

50408 Page Views

• Views: 50408
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Thinkpad and Ideapad 90W Slim AC/DC Combo Adapter

2008-08-14, 19:43 PM
For safety sake, i would stick with a larger capacity adapter. Using a smaller wattage adapter may cause current overdraws, which may cause fire to the adapter in the worse situation and would usually shorten the lifespan of all the electrical systems in the ideal cases. Just replace with small wattage rating adapter with the one you got now, information on the internet isn't always correct, as there are always the chance of human error when typing up information that may not be picked up when read over (if it was read over).
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms