United States

79 Signins

186 Page Views

• Views: 186
  • Message 1 of 2

Want to go back to Windows 7, but can't

2012-06-23, 21:40 PM

My one key Recovery is not working.

they keep telling me to reinstall the whole thing, which i did many times now. I can't run away from the Windows 8 Consumer Preview, so please I've been sufferring for the past month with this. 

and is this only way for Lenovo laptops to revert back to windows 7? (One Key recovery)

Options

264 Posts

04-12-2012

Dubai

750 Signins

2372 Page Views

• Views: 2372
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Want to go back to Windows 7, but can't

2012-06-23, 21:53 PM

I don't know which Notebook model you have since you posted a question without posting which model you have

But here is a guide that will help you create a genuine Windows 7 DVD and install Windows just make sure to install the Home Premium Edition or whatever version that shipped with your notebook, then activate it using the same product key that is located on the sticker on the bottom of your notebook

If it fails to activate the same time, choose "Change product Key" then try again using that same key it will work

Here is the guide, it has the windows 7 dvd creation guide then the drivers for the Y570, so if yor notebook IS the Y570 then you're in luck  http://forums.pctweakers.net/showthread.php/62-Lenovo-IdeaPad-Y570-Clean-Install-Guide

IF it is a different model, then you may have to download the drivers from the Lenovo Support site: http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/default.page?

Just select the 3rd tab, then choose Laptops, then choose your series, then your model then GO and download all the drivers

Also, before you attempt to do anything, you should found a drivers/apps folder on your D: Drive, burn those on a DVD just to be on the safe side.

I deleted my recovery partition the moment I bought my notebook I don't need that lenovo preinstalled OS with all the bloatware it comes with such as McAfee Virus Scan (that will slow down your notebook like heck and it doesnt even do a good job in removing viruses, there are many better FREE solutions out there such as Avast! Antivirus FREE

ASUS G750JX-CV050H | i7-4700HQ @ 2.40 GHz. | 32 GB DDR3 1600 MHz. Hynix RAM | 256 GB LiteOn LCM-256M3S SSD + 1 TB Seagate Momentus ST1000LM024 5400 RPM HDD | GeForce GTX 770M 3 GB GDDR5 RAM | 17.3" Full HD 3D Glossy Screen
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms