Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo P, Y and Z series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

11 Posts

11-09-2015

United States

11 Signins

69 Page Views

• Views: 69
  • Message 1 of 13

Windows 10 - Ideapad Y400 - Touchpad Missing

2015-11-09, 23:42 PM

Driver is available here:

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds103342

When attempting to install the driver the following message is displayed:

"No Appropriate Driver to be installed"

When I unplug the USB mouse, the Device Manager category "Mice and other pointing devices" disappears entirely. The cursor also disappears when the USB mouse is unplugged.This leads me to believe the computer does not recognize the touchpad.

There is one Device Manager category "Other devices" item titled "Unknown device" with a device instance path of "ACPI\FFFFFFF\4&1BC423EF&0" and BIOS device name "\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.MSS0"

The computer is a Lenovo Y400 running Windows 10 Home 64 bit purchased new 11/25/2012. The problem was caused by upgrading to Windows 10. Lenovo supported systems list for Windows 10 Upgrade includes this device.

Options

5402 Posts

05-09-2013

United States of America

6273 Signins

19373 Page Views

• Views: 19373
  • Message 2 of 13

Re: Windows 10 - Ideapad Y400 - Touchpad Missing

2015-11-10, 0:46 AM

First try to disable automatic update. Uninstall the driver and select delete if presented with the option. Install the downloaded driver. Restart and check.

Options

2507 Posts

04-17-2014

United States of America

3453 Signins

42780 Page Views

• Views: 42780
  • Message 3 of 13

2015-11-11, 3:05 AM

The Lenovo Y400 was just launched a month ago, not sure how you got it in 2012. Please check the model of the laptop for me, and I will try to help find you the drivers. 

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Please do not PM me for individual requests... please post to the forums instead :)

Lenovo Forums have transitioned to a new platform. The team is working hard to bring new features and make the forums better than it was before!

The 'Search' function is currently down. In the interim, please get help through browser searches.

Please ensure the option 'Subscribe me automatically to all discussions I have participated in' is enabled under your forum settings. That way, you'll be notified if anyone replies to your thread!

Communities:    Moto English     English     Deutsche     Español     Portugues     Русскоязычное     Česká     Slovenská     Українська   

Options

11 Posts

11-09-2015

United States

11 Signins

69 Page Views

• Message 4 of 13

2015-11-11, 3:11 AM
http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/ideapad/y-series/y400/

Launched a month ago?
Options

2507 Posts

04-17-2014

United States of America

3453 Signins

42780 Page Views

• Message 5 of 13

2015-11-11, 3:19 AM

I apoligize, Imixed up the Ideapad Y500 that was just launched a month ago.  First, you want to right click on the mouse section on device manager. Then, you want to click on 'Update Driver Software'. You want to choose the file that you downloaded this driver to. If that doesn't help, you should contact Lenovo support, who can help you in the software aspect of this. Hope it helps. 

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Please do not PM me for individual requests... please post to the forums instead :)

Lenovo Forums have transitioned to a new platform. The team is working hard to bring new features and make the forums better than it was before!

The 'Search' function is currently down. In the interim, please get help through browser searches.

Please ensure the option 'Subscribe me automatically to all discussions I have participated in' is enabled under your forum settings. That way, you'll be notified if anyone replies to your thread!

Communities:    Moto English     English     Deutsche     Español     Portugues     Русскоязычное     Česká     Slovenská     Українська   

Options

11 Posts

11-09-2015

United States

11 Signins

69 Page Views

• Message 6 of 13

2015-11-11, 3:23 AM
Thanks for the attempt. Did you read the original post? Specifically the part about what is notably absent from the Device Manager?
Options

2507 Posts

04-17-2014

United States of America

3453 Signins

42780 Page Views

• Message 7 of 13

2015-11-11, 3:51 AM

That's strange. It might actually be that the trackpad isn't working which is why it doesn't detect it. I would say head over to support.lenovo.com and see what they say. 

Regards,
Eric Xu

Options

5402 Posts

05-09-2013

United States of America

6273 Signins

19373 Page Views

• Message 8 of 13

2015-11-11, 4:46 AM

When attempting to install the driver the following message is displayed:

"No Appropriate Driver to be installed"

This means that the OS has the driver installed.

Check the function of the touchpad by pressing Fn + F6. Check also the mouse properties (connect the mouse) and see if there is a box that says "disable touchpad when a mouse is connected".

Check also in the bios. Try to reset the settings to default values. Save and exit and check.

Options

11 Posts

11-09-2015

United States

11 Signins

69 Page Views

• Message 9 of 13

2015-11-12, 1:19 AM
Thanks- tried both of those prior to my initial post.

The touchpad hardware is notably absent from the Device Manager listing. Therefore, it is not simply disabled as no software currently recogonizes the hardware. Also, I check the BIOS and there wasn't even an option to disable the touchpad.
Options

5402 Posts

05-09-2013

United States of America

6273 Signins

19373 Page Views

• Message 10 of 13

2015-11-12, 8:14 AM

You got it wrong with regards to the bios. I'm just saying to reset the settings to default values. I'm not stating that there is a touchpad setting in the bios.

Maybe you have a defective motherboard or a disconnection between the touchpad and the motherboard. However, this would require the openning of the unit for ocular inspection. If your unit is new and is still under warantee better send it in to Lenovo.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms