Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo P, Y and Z series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

01-21-2013

portland

16 Signins

51 Page Views

• Views: 51
  • Message 131 of 170

Re: Wireless Display (WIDI) issue on ideapad Y500

2013-01-22, 17:20 PM

I called back again, and was a little more congenial over the phone and that made worlds of difference- it only took a few minutes and I got an RMA even though I am currently out of the 21 day period. Phew! This one ended well for me, it's too bad this machine doesn't have WIDI and switchable graphics because everything else about this machine is pretty good (besides the touchpad of course!)

Options

15 Posts

01-09-2013

Netherlands

293 Signins

772 Page Views

• Views: 772
  • Message 132 of 170

2013-01-23, 11:26 AM

I got on the phone with the Lenovo Support Service (because they didn't respond to my call in the beginning of january). They still say that the Y500 supports WiDi and that I had to install the Intel WiDi Widget and that the other intel drivers are on the website. I explained the person on the phone that I need a Intel WiFi card and a Intel HD4000 to make use of the Intel WiDi technology (I have an Atheros wifi card and disabled Intel HD4000). Something he did not want to believe. So I asked again to send the request to the engineering department (although I don't think it will help much).

Options

27 Posts

01-07-2013

Azerbaijan

30 Signins

176 Page Views

• Views: 176
  • Message 133 of 170

2013-01-23, 20:20 PM

I am now embedded in the quagmire of Lenovo support and returns. I called sales and was given a return number, however my laptop is at the depot for the touch pad issue, and the warehouse can’t just get it from the depot. They said I need to call the depot and ask for the laptop back (.Call time total 12 min)

I called the depot, they had none of the sales notes in their system, placed me on several 2-3minuite hold holds to figure out what to do (call time total 16min). They sent a few internal emails and now I must wait 2-3buisness days for a case manager to call me, even though my ra number and shipping label are only good for 10 days (calendar).

None of the support systems seem to be connected there is no coordination or total customer service model, this is yet another disappointment beyond the false specs and faulty hardware and lack of preinstalled SD drivers.

What Lenovo should understand that in some cases they are not just upsetting a single customer. Some of us have day jobs where we make the purchase decisions for our companies. A negative impression can end up with a very high opportunity cost. 

3 days later and no call from lenovo, so I called tech support back. They informed me that my laptop was on hold waiting for parts. This did not match my previous call asking to have it sent back so I could return it. The guy sloly took notes as he spoke them aloud. I told him I have a RA# however he did not know what a RA# was. He "sent a note" to make sure my laptop is returned to me asap, however the time is ticking on my 10 day RA number. 

I still do not understand why I need to call again or why I need go through the headache to receive then ship out a defective and falsely advertised product that did not have the widi as advertised. 

Another day another fruitless call. Today I called post sales, which proved to be useless as after explaining my issue and how the repair depot was not shipping my laptop back to me so I could return it, he simply said email websales@lenovo.com as they could take care of it faster than he could. 

I emailed websales@lenovo.com to get a automated respoce that says their system is being upgraded and it may take 2 days for them to even get back to me.

"In effort to provide better customer service, Lenovo is in the process of updating some of our systems.  During this time, it may take up to 2 business days for a representative to reply.  We apologize for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,  

Lenovo Customer Service"

Options

24 Posts

01-24-2013

India

330 Signins

1824 Page Views

• Views: 1824
  • Message 134 of 170

2013-01-24, 9:32 AM

Hi Mark,

I own a Ideapad y500 - 954135U which as per the  PSREF sheet for Y500 comes with integrated Intel HD 4000 graphics unlike which yu have pointed out. i have attached the proof of the concerned page below as an image.

But regardless of what i and the other y500 owners had been promised i was not even able to detect the hardware in the device manager  list nor does the BIOS have any options for it. 

I kindly request you to look into this issue and give me the solution or response ASAP by which i can decide wat step has to be taken further.

Link to image

Moderator comment: Image(s) >50KB converted to link(s). Community Rules.

Options

50 Posts

12-30-2012

Germany

236 Signins

873 Page Views

• Views: 873
  • Message 135 of 170

2013-01-24, 10:28 AM
Return your y500 ASAP! Dont let them toy with you. Get another model or brand, unless you want to face problems in the near future and get stranded like me and many other users!
Options

9 Posts

01-05-2013

Ontario

47 Signins

258 Page Views

• Views: 258
  • Message 136 of 170

2013-01-24, 15:21 PM

wrote:

Hi Mark,

I own a Ideapad y500 - 954135U which as per the  PSREF sheet for Y500 comes with integrated Intel HD 4000 graphics unlike which yu have pointed out. i have attached the proof of the concerned page below as an image.

But regardless of what i and the other y500 owners had been promised i was not even able to detect the hardware in the device manager  list nor does the BIOS have any options for it. 

I kindly request you to look into this issue and give me the solution or response ASAP by which i can decide wat step has to be taken further.

Link to image

Moderator comment: Image(s) >50KB converted to link(s). Community Rules.

You probably did not read the whole thread. Here's the bullet points:

- All Intel processors have integrated graphics. Whether its accesible or not depends on laptop design.

- Y500 has HD4000 but its not accesible due to SLI being enabled.

- So far noone knows for sure whether it can be accessed with BIOS fix, or accessed at all due to design of the hardware.

- While by mistake it did say that WIDI is present in the laptop, there was no word about the video card being switchable, and HD4000 was not listed in the official list of features.

Just throwing it out there.

Options

24 Posts

01-24-2013

India

330 Signins

1824 Page Views

• Views: 1824
  • Message 137 of 170

2013-01-24, 17:06 PM

@toshin : I guess I wont be able to return it cuz its in India now and I got it from the US. :smileysad:

@MrSnuggleBottom  out of options so have to wait hoping for the best " A proper BIOS & software update". I never expected such a thing from an internationally renowned company, but everyone makes mistakes, I hope they find a way to rectify it for their own reputation which is at stake !!!

Options

40 Posts

01-25-2013

Wichita

57 Signins

842 Page Views

• Views: 842
  • Message 138 of 170

2013-01-25, 2:10 AM
lenovo and other oem's lock the bios so that non tech savy ppl don't mess up there laptop by selecting the wrong option in the bios so what needs to happen is that lenovo needs to make an updated bios which lets the user enable widi ,raid mode and the intel hd 4000 so the the y500 and y400 can use these options
Options

40 Posts

01-25-2013

Wichita

57 Signins

842 Page Views

• Views: 842
  • Message 139 of 170

2013-01-25, 2:12 AM

or get a modded (unlocked bios)with advance options enabled

Link to image

Moderator note: images larger than 50k converted to links per forum rules:  Lenovo Community Participation Rules

Options

3 Posts

01-08-2013

United States

53 Signins

169 Page Views

• Views: 169
  • Message 140 of 170

2013-01-25, 2:22 AM

Well, I just checked my power management and i see a new option that has never been there before. Lenovo Dynamic Graphics is now selectable in power management for me. Has anyone else had this option in theirs? I have no idea as to why it is suddenly there. Also, we're supposed to have a 16gb ssd right? Well in explorer i have lenovo D: and it says it has a total of 24-25 gigs of space. I find this odd since it is supposed to have a 16 gb caching ssd. Can anyone else confirm this or is something just totally whacko with my laptop.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)