Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo P, Y and Z series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

05-16-2014

United States

2 Signins

28 Page Views

• Views: 28
  • Message 1 of 3

Y410p Clicking Sound

2014-05-16, 23:29 PM

Hi guys, so I looked around to see if this was a common problem and didn't see much on it so apologize if it's been discussed before. My brother got a Y410p in January and since day 1 there has been a clicking from the top left of the laptop body (keyboard) best we can tell, which we assume is from the fan. It is quite loud. Turning off the speakers and muting the sound did not solve the problem at all which led us to believe it was not the speakers.

It generally doesn't generally happen when watching youtube but does happen every time when playing any games at all. I assume this is a problem with the fan not working correctly under some stress? That'd be great if there is a fix we can do ourselves other than sending it in but any help or experience with the problem would be greatly appreciated.  

Options

1251 Posts

11-19-2012

Egypt

1333 Signins

10326 Page Views

• Views: 10326
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Y410p Clicking Sound

2014-05-19, 8:45 AM

Dear Tkfisher

Welcome in lenovo community

Kindly contact the below support so that you can check your machine at one of our service centers .

USA.jpg

Thanks

Alaa

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Options

1 Posts

01-14-2015

4 Signins

16 Page Views

• Message 3 of 3

Re: Y410p Clicking Sound

2015-01-14, 5:34 AM

I have the same problem.. same spot. However it only clicks when my computer is on a slant for example when it is elevated by an inch (the part of the laptop that is further away elevated obviously). It is quite loud and I also think it is the fan. Let me know if you find out how to fix it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms