Minneapolis

5 Signins

62 Page Views

• Views: 62
  • Message 1 of 2

Y430: Sudden Battery Drain & Restart Lag

2010-10-19, 21:52 PM

Good evening, All:

I have a year and a half-old Y430 running Win7. Lately (as in the last few days), whenever I watch embedded video (YouTube), the laptop will lag and suddenly drain within 15-20 minutes of being unplugged.  It also will suddenly drain and shut down if the computer is overtaxed (for example, I was trying to save an Excel sheet when it suddenly froze, lagged, beeped and shut down). I'm a little surprised by this considering the laptop's age and the care I've given it. Battery life has never been spectacular--maybe 3 hours or so with moderate use/adjusting settings--but it never drained randomly on me without just cause. This is seriously a new problem that wasn't happening a week ago.

I'd be really shocked if it required a new battery this soon. I'm especially concerned because I'm afraid it will sputter and die on me in the middle of a presentation. What could be the problem?

Another minor point is in regards to its ability to restart. Since I've had this laptop, it has rarely restarted properly. Most of the time, it goes through the motions/screens, fades to black and then gets stuck there in purgatory. Again, a minor, tolerable issue, but one I've been curious about for some time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Options

13866 Posts

12-07-2009

CZ

9007 Signins

170449 Page Views

• Views: 170449
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Y430: Sudden Battery Drain & Restart Lag

2010-10-20, 10:09 AM

remove the battery,just ues ac/dc power and check if issue persists.

Due to my absence, I may not reply your posts and/or personal messages

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete