Minneapolis

5 Signins

62 Page Views

• Views: 62
  • Message 1 of 2

Y430 Video Cable/Monitor Replacement

2011-11-03, 16:59 PM

Greetings, All:

The root cause of this issue has a story behind it, so please bare with me (I'll keep it short):

When I initially ordered my Y430 (April 2009), it came with faulty RAM chips. When it came back repaired from Lenovo, I noticed the left hinge was offset (meaning they opened the laptop and installed new chips then, it seems, closed it up poorly). For the most part, I took this as a mere aesthetic annoyance.

Fast forward to the end of last spring, the screws on the hinge finally came loose and popped open. I took it to campus IT services (I'm a graduate student) and was unable to reset the hinge; it was jammed pretty good. Considering this was all going down during final exams, I accepted this situation as another aesthetic annoyance (as I couldn't find the time or money to fix it further), though I tried to keep everything under the keyboard hood from getting too dusty or cut by the hinge.

Fast forward to last Monday night, when the wear and tear of the laptop hinge finally caught up with the video (lvds) cable, severing it and giving my screen a neon green and purple-highlighted motif.

I found a replacement video cable for relatively cheap, so my question is: How do I disassemble the display monitor in order to work the wire through and get everything back to "normal?" Obviously, the end that goes under the hood is a simple plug-in operation.

Any ASAP help or advice on this will be greatly appreciated! Thanks, everyone!

Mr. Shens 

Options

1376 Posts

08-28-2011

TH

6684 Signins

75878 Page Views

• Views: 75878
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Y430 Video Cable/Monitor Replacement

2011-11-03, 23:39 PM

Hi mrshens,

have a look at 'Lenovo Service and Support Training' site, may find something helpful...

http://www.lenovoservicetraining.com/ion/

and

http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/us/en/UserGuide/Guide_list.aspx?CategoryID=11

good Luck... Zehn

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete