Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit our eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo P, Y and Z series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

7 Posts

08-09-2013

Canada

10 Signins

138 Page Views

• Views: 138
  • Message 1 of 4

Y480 Black/Dark Screen

2015-01-29, 10:49 AM

Hi, I was just reading some pdf and suddenly my screen just went dark. I attempted to power down and turn it back off and it didnt turn on. Then i noticed that the screen still showed data but I had to add an external source of light. Everything seems to work fine but it seems like the screen's backlight is not on. Can someone give me some tips ot solve this? I am a student and is need of this laptop for projects. Thank You! 

Some info:

-Lenovo Y480

-Connects to a external monitor via VGA and works fine
-Still sees info but need external light

-repair the OS but couldnt find a problem

Options

2426 Posts

08-11-2014

India

1941 Signins

27001 Page Views

• Views: 27001
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Y480 Black/Dark Screen

2015-01-29, 11:14 AM

Hi Ma_maku,

Welcome to Lenovo Community!

As per the query we understood that you are facing issue with black screen in your Y480 laptop.

Try to increase the brightness and check for the issue, if the issue still persist then it is a issue with the LCD which needs to be replaced. Please visit the nearest service centre for further detais.

Click here to open a link where you can select the country and get the exact contact support number. I’m sure they will be a great help.

Hope this helps. Do post back if issue persists!

Best regards,       

Ashwin.S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

7 Posts

08-09-2013

Canada

10 Signins

138 Page Views

• Views: 138
  • Message 3 of 4

2015-01-29, 20:56 PM

Ive tired to adjust the brightness and still nothing. After looking online, it seems that it is either something wrong with the fuse or the screen/inverter. Is there anyway to check? Thank you

Options

2426 Posts

08-11-2014

India

1941 Signins

27001 Page Views

• Views: 27001
  • Message 4 of 4

2015-01-30, 5:49 AM

Hi Ma_maku,

Thanks for the reply,

There is no fuse in the LCD, this issue might be with the LCD or LCD cable as well. Reseating the cable might resolve the issue, if the system is under warranty please contact Lenovo support or visit the nearest service center for further details.

Hope this helps. Do post back if issue persists!

Best regards,       

Ashwin.S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms