Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo P, Y and Z series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

09-10-2012

Sherman Oaks

7 Signins

24 Page Views

• Views: 24
  • Message 1 of 3

Y480 keyboard issue...HELP!!!!

2012-09-10, 18:48 PM

I recently purchased a IdeaPad Y480 (about 2.5 months ago) and for a month now I have been having issues with the touchpad and keyboard, where my cursor will jump around so if I am typing a sentence in a document or email I will suddenly start typing on another line, sometimes in the middle of another word/sentence. This is happening with more and more frequency and is starting to become a big issue. Has anyone else run into this issue and/or does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this increasingly frustrating problem?

Thanks!

Options

48 Posts

05-03-2012

Ohio

396 Signins

1120 Page Views

• Views: 1120
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Y480 keyboard issue...HELP!!!!

2012-09-10, 20:14 PM
Yeah, I had the same issue when I first got my Y480. Its actually a touchpad setting. If you barely graze against it when typing, it'll click where you cursor is. Just go to mouse setting in the control panel and tweek a few. You can lower the sensitivity, or there is also limiting the area of the touchpad than can be used when typing. Or you could deactivate the touchpad with Fn + F8 when typing a lot.
Options

1 Posts

11-10-2012

South Carolina

2 Signins

7 Page Views

• Views: 7
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Y480 keyboard issue...HELP!!!!

2012-11-10, 14:56 PM
I disabled my touchpad with the Fn key, and use an optical mouse. But my keyboard still jumps for no reason when I am typing. It's really aggravating and it makes this laptop really difficult to work with. That's the only issue I've had with this machine so far, but it's a pretty big deal to me.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms