FR

2 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 1 of 3

Y50-70 Monitor flashing black when running a software

2017-02-19, 15:41 PM

Hi,

I'm having a hard time working on my laptop as it's been a while now that it's screen is flashing black repetievely at several kind of events, and I can't understand why.

By flashing black I mean I can see the original display (software, browser or else) but the screen goes black very quickly and then turn back to normal, and then it goes black again somthing like half a second later and every half-seconds after that. At some point, it stops. Sometimes, it happens just once (it just happened as I'm writing this post).

It happens when the wi-fi go off and I'm using my laptop.

It happens also when some softwares are computing (when mendeley is updating or scrivener is saving) and stops when the software stops coputing things.

It happens (for a shorter time) with browsers.

I can't really understand what is triggering this phenomenon but it has become quite a pain...

I tried the drivers detection on the main lenovo support website, it tells there is no update to process...

I'm on the recommended resolution (1920*1080).

I attached my laptop informations to this post (.jpg) in case it's of any help.

If someone has any idea I'd be really greatful !

Best regards

Options

298 Posts

01-16-2017

GB

118 Signins

4119 Page Views

• Views: 4119
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Y50-70 Monitor flashing black when running a software

2017-02-21, 10:55 AM

Hi EtienneS,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forum!

Has this been an issue since you've had the device? If not, did you perform any updates prior to it occuring?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did someone help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

3 Posts

02-19-2017

FR

2 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Y50-70 Monitor flashing black when running a software

2017-02-21, 13:15 PM

Hi Ryan

if I remember correctly it was like this since the beginning but it happened only once or twice a month. I can't really remember if there was a specific update after witch it became like this...

Do you think a reboot could do the trick ?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete