Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo P, Y and Z series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

7 Posts

06-02-2014

Malaysia

15 Signins

230 Page Views

• Views: 230
  • Message 1 of 1

Y50-70 hdd heat enquiry

2015-08-01, 14:07 PM

Hi. As the title above, maybe i'm the one who is too sensitive with temperature. Due to other laptops, same brand or different models, their hdd mostly won't more than 40 degree celcius when idle or using, but mine normally run above 40 when using and sometimes more than 45.

Given my room temp is quite ok and my cpu & gpu at around 50 both when idle, is the temperature for hdd normal? It's the stock sshd from seagate, i wonder whether other y50 users had the same condition with mine, given not using in air conditioned room. If it's really my own problem any solution?

From the past laptop i owned there's a metal foil cover the board part of hdd, but y50 doesnt have it and i heard that the foil may help by insulating the temp from other hardware. Anyone tried mod a little bit on their y50 hdd? Can i apply a food grade aluminium foil beneath it to solve the heat problem? As i know heat is one of the cause for hdd to degrade faster.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms