Options

7 Posts

08-02-2015

Canada

9 Signins

112 Page Views

• Views: 112
  • Message 1 of 5

Y50 - Windows 10 issues, Recovery partition gone?

2015-08-21, 4:56 AM

Hi guys, so I'm having issues with Windows 10 on my Y50, things aren't as smooth as they should be and I don't know if it's an issue with the drivers but I installed all the new drivers for it but yet.... The trackpad is really bad, the new gestures barely work. Animations are real slow. Some of the win10 apps just close on me randomly, live tiles don't work for many. videos on facebook/youtube etc are laggy/stuttering although not sure if this is Win10 issue but was working fine in 8.1. I tried reinstalling windows 10 couple times (clean install) so I'm running out of options and I want to recover to initial setup with Win 8.1. Maybe I shouldn't have done a clean install and chose the "upgrade" option instead so it installs over win 8.1, maybe it would be more stable? That's the only thing I haven't tried that I can think of.

I wanted to know if I recover will it bring it back to factory settings (Win 8.1) or will it just recover to a clean windows 10 install? Because when I installed win10, it formatted my hdd and now when I check in my disk management, there is a partition for recovery but its 100% free, theres nothing there. Same with the EFI and OEM partitions.

Is anyone else having these issues with Win10? I'd appreciate your help!

Link to picture/image

Mod comment: Over sized picture converted to link. Please see About-Posting-Pictures-In-The-Forums

Solved! See the solution
Options

7 Posts

08-02-2015

Canada

9 Signins

112 Page Views

• Views: 112
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: Y50 - Windows 10 issues, Recovery partition gone?

2015-08-29, 3:43 AM

Update: Win 10 is getting worse with new updates... im getting blue screens now, any thoughts?

Options

12 Posts

03-11-2016

IN

8 Signins

192 Page Views

• Views: 192
  • Message 3 of 5

2016-03-11, 13:00 PM
  1. Right click (or press and hold) the Start button, and then select Control Panel.
  2. Search Control Panel for Recovery.
  3. Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
  4. Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select Next > Finish.
Options

5402 Posts

05-09-2013

US

6273 Signins

19373 Page Views

• Views: 19373
  • Message 4 of 5

2016-03-11, 16:52 PM

wrote:

Hi guys, so I'm having issues with Windows 10 on my Y50, things aren't as smooth as they should be and I don't know if it's an issue with the drivers but I installed all the new drivers for it but yet.... The trackpad is really bad, the new gestures barely work. Animations are real slow. Some of the win10 apps just close on me randomly, live tiles don't work for many. videos on facebook/youtube etc are laggy/stuttering although not sure if this is Win10 issue but was working fine in 8.1. I tried reinstalling windows 10 couple times (clean install) so I'm running out of options and I want to recover to initial setup with Win 8.1. Maybe I shouldn't have done a clean install and chose the "upgrade" option instead so it installs over win 8.1, maybe it would be more stable? That's the only thing I haven't tried that I can think of.

I wanted to know if I recover will it bring it back to factory settings (Win 8.1) or will it just recover to a clean windows 10 install? Because when I installed win10, it formatted my hdd and now when I check in my disk management, there is a partition for recovery but its 100% free, theres nothing there. Same with the EFI and OEM partitions.

Is anyone else having these issues with Win10? I'd appreciate your help!

Link to picture/image

Mod comment: Over sized picture converted to link. Please see About-Posting-Pictures-In-The-Forums

If as you stated you have performed a clean install of Win 10 chances are that the partitions are messed up. In this case you can't use the NOVO button anymore to restore the unit to factory condition. But you can go back to Win 8.1 by downloading the media creation tool to download and install Win 8.1.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

1 Posts

10-17-2016

US

1 Signins

11 Page Views

• Views: 11
  • Message 5 of 5

2016-10-17, 18:42 PM

I bought my Y70 last November with Windows 10 at Best Buy. It came with 8.1 but was upgraded under the promotion that ran until this July. It had started running slowly so I took it back to Best Buy because it was still under warranty. They reccomend I wipe it and start over. So I did. When I rebooted it, it reverted back to Windows 8.1. I first called Best Buy asking how I could get Windows 10 back, they said I need to call Lenovo. I called Lenovo, they told me I needed to call Microsoft. I called Microsoft, they told me they can't upgrade it unless I purchase it.

So, now I have a laptop that had Windows 10 and now has Windows 8.1.

Nedless to say my next machine will not be from Lenovo or Best Buy, unfortunately I need to run Windows so I can't avoid them.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms