06-04-2014

88 Kim Lane

2 Signins

49 Page Views

• Views: 49
  • Message 1 of 3

Y500 Hard drive linked to keyboard?

2014-06-04, 14:01 PM

So Ive been having issues where my harddrive will go up to 100% usage, then I can not type or move(if in game) however my mous still works, its only the keyboard that is effected! I wanted to know if upgrading my hard drive would solve this, or if there is some other solution!

Also I should note this most commonly occurs while im playing BF4, and when i open task manager, all I can figure out is that system, process ID 4, is taking up WAY more than anything else!

Thanks for any replys!

Options

6095 Posts

02-11-2012

Philippines

4457 Signins

274722 Page Views

• Views: 274722
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Y500 Hard drive linked to keyboard?

2014-06-04, 16:21 PM

hi undypie,

Welcome to the Lenovo Forums.

The 100% disk usage can be caused by a process or by a faulty HDD (similar to this thread). Try to:

1. Perform a clean boot - this will rule out any services/apps running in the background that might be causing the 100% disk usage

2. Run a diagnostic on the HDD/SSD (eg. via HD Tune) - this will verify if there's any error on the drive.

As for the "System" process taking up way more than anything else, do you mean it's taking up high CPU usage? If this is the case then it's most likely similar to this thread. Try to look into the "System" process by using a tool like Process Explorer to check if there's a driver or other module that's causing the problem.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

3 Posts

06-04-2014

88 Kim Lane

2 Signins

49 Page Views

• Views: 49
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Y500 Hard drive linked to keyboard?

2014-06-04, 17:51 PM

No, Its not taking up very much CPU usage, Just disk usage

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms