03-17-2014

United States

2 Signins

32 Page Views

• Views: 32
  • Message 1 of 1

Y510P smoke came out of the went and laptop went off completely

2014-03-17, 23:28 PM

I purchased my lenovo Y510P less than 3 months ago(paid close to $1300). the other day i was playing battlefield 4 and all of the sudden the laptop went off and gray smoke started coming out of the left side from one of the vents. I immideatly called lenovo and told them what happend, they told me to send them the laptop so they could fix it. I made sure i took picture and video of the laptop from every possible angle(to make sure there was no damage or scratches). So i went ahead and sent them the laptop, and they received it the next day. They fixed it in just ONE day (which is impressive and fast, good job) and shipped it to me. They said they had to replace the motherboard, and the heat sink fan. When i received the laptop couple of days later i was shocked to see that the laptop was full of scratches by the keyboard, screen, under the laptop, and specially behind the screen on the outside. So again i called lenovo and they told me to send it again so they can replace the parts that were scratched. After 3 days i checked online to see the status of the repair, and i noticied it said YOUr LAPTOP IS ON HOLD BECAUSE REPAIR IS NOT COVERED UNDER WARRANTY (they did not bother to give me a call). So i called again, and they said quote: "you will need to pay $186 because there is a gap in between the screen." I said what do you mean by gap? she said:"it seems as if someone intentionally did that to the computer." I said THIS IS EXACTLY HOW I RECEIVED THE LAPTOP FROM REPAIRS SERVICE. So she said "i am not here to argue with you, all i can do is escalate the case". So she offered me to excallate the case and have somebody else give me a call in 3 business days. STILL WAITING FOR A CALL. I HAVE BEEN WITHOUT A LAPTOP FOR ALMOST A MONTH NOW.

I AM REALLY EASY TO PLEASE, BUT THIS IS JUST UNACCEPTABLE.

has anyone else encountered similar problems?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete