12-20-2013

USA

1 Signins

24 Page Views

• Views: 24
  • Message 1 of 7

Y510p Always on USB not working

2013-12-20, 21:24 PM

I cannot get the Always On USB port (yellow port) to work.

I have enabled the "Always on USB" option in the BIOS.

Lenovo IdeaPad Y510p with Windows 8.1. Other posts have suggested using the Power Management application in Windows, but that does not exist on this laptop, and in "Energy Management" there are no options to enable the Always on USB option.

Thanks.

Options

5 Posts

12-20-2013

india

2 Signins

37 Page Views

• Views: 37
  • Message 2 of 7

Re: Y510p Always on USB not working

2013-12-20, 21:47 PM

yes usb not working when i put leptop on sleep even also or shutdownload its not charging mobile and usb not working in sleep mode or shutdown mode.its horriable to show product decription in almost in vedio;lenovo put up always on charging.as better customer if any other marketing person will  know about they claim about this and take money from company.so  think and put product description i have printscreen and all of us.And second item that when  i bought this leptop get fresh new installed windows 8 second language(SL).But how can i confirm it i have product key of microsoft windows 8.its all okay in system its also showing me in product code,but there is stars like"^^^^^^^^ on full product key.how can i confirm it i have this or those productkey????i am school teacher i cant affort more spend money again on licencekey.And i want to know microsoft have any care of customers or not????make any guinuine software that confirm it my windows 8 key this is!!!!!!i hope i will get good answer from it,

Options

5 Posts

12-20-2013

india

2 Signins

37 Page Views

• Views: 37
  • Message 3 of 7

2013-12-20, 22:19 PM

usb not working in even leptop shutdown or sleepmode.why advertising and marketing through it technology.if i show this in court i get claim price from lenovo.but as good customer i will not do this.second thing when leptop came i just done my windows 8 username and password.thereafter no information any kind of productkey;where  can i find it i dont know.but nowdays i thought as microsoft is left support of customers because they have already bank of dollar.so make one guinuine software that show my productkey as i found and anyother issue not me other public can also find through productcode.thanx from bad support of microsoft.as i am military man i have to show guinuine data to goverment it department that generally all know.i harassed from it.

Options

5 Posts

09-15-2014

India

8 Signins

64 Page Views

• Views: 64
  • Message 4 of 7

2014-09-15, 14:25 PM

yess really ... when is this problem going to be solved??  

Options

5 Posts

09-15-2014

India

8 Signins

64 Page Views

• Views: 64
  • Message 5 of 7

USB issue

2014-12-11, 14:00 PM

hello hello

have a Lenovo y510p and have a really annoying problem with it's USB 3 ports. Everytime I try to connect a smartphone(android) it will initially detect it but just seconds after it just disconnects it and then connects it back again, it just a never ending cycle and ALSO  if i connect a usb hub it does not work,  bought a couple of usb hubs but still does not work ,, plz help me solve this ,,

Options

2426 Posts

08-11-2014

IN

1941 Signins

27001 Page Views

• Views: 27001
  • Message 6 of 7

Re: USB issue

2014-12-16, 13:06 PM

Hi Freakuency,

Welcome to Lenovo Community!

As per the query we understood that you are facing issue with USB port not working in your Lenovo Y510p laptop.

Please check if the USB is enabled in BIOS, also check in device manager.

Please try to boot to safe mode and check for the issue, try to check with different devices.

Also try to update the drivers and check for the issue.

Click here for the driver if the operating system is windows7.

Do post us back if the issue still persists.

Best Regards

Ashwin.S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

4 Posts

04-24-2019

BR

6 Signins

38 Page Views

• Views: 38
  • Message 7 of 7

Re:Y510p Always on USB not working

2020-10-18, 3:44 AM

We are in 2020 and my always on USB is not working. I used this in 2016 and then disabled in BIOS. Now I want to use it and I can't enable on LeNovo Vantage panel.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete