08-20-2013

Madison, Wisconsin

5 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 1 of 3

Y510p SLI Problems (Please Help!)

2013-08-20, 21:02 PM

I'd like to preface this by saying that I'm not too much of an expert on the subject of computers. Nevertheless, I enjoy PC gaming, and so, in preparation for college, I decided to buy a y510p with dual graphics (the one farthest to the right of these four: http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/ideapad/y-series/y510p/). It works fine for the most part, until I try to play a game. I have GTA IV, Call of Duty Black Ops II, Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3, and Mirror's Edge installed, all of which I'm trying to run with good graphics settings, but nothing anywhere near what should be excessively taxing on the computer. After a couple minutes playing any of these games, maybe 10-15, they quickly go from running smoothly to unplayable. My cursor jumps around uncontrollably, only vaguely in the directions that I intend it to. The mouse buttons also develop a mind of their own, clicking only when they feel up to it. I've been disconnected from a few GTA multiplayer servers, including one I created myself (not sure if that matters) because the game decided my computer was running too slowly. The mouse is a Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000 as seen here: http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/p/wireless-mobile-mouse-4000, although I'm pretty confident it's not the issue (I actually have two of the same mouse and I've tried both, same issues. Also this wouldn't explain the lagging out). I received the computer sometime in the middle of last week (I want to say Thursday but I'm not 100% sure), and it's been having this issue since I got it. So far I've exclusively used it while it's plugged into a wall outlet. If you have any ideas as to how I can fix this, please let me know! As I mentioned before, I'm really no computer expert so any explanation/instruction you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for writing this book. Please help!

Options

966 Posts

01-28-2013

United States

1257 Signins

10822 Page Views

• Views: 10822
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Y510p SLI Problems (Please Help!)

2013-08-20, 21:29 PM

Have you tried playing with SLI disabled and using a USB wired mouse?

Lenovo Y470: i7-2670QM | 8 GB DDR3 1333 MHz RAM | Nvidia GeForce GT 550M | 500 GB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD | ASUS PCE-AC56 802.11ac Network Adapter | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Options

3 Posts

08-20-2013

Madison, Wisconsin

5 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Y510p SLI Problems (Please Help!)

2013-08-20, 23:56 PM

I just tried turning off the sli. It helped quite a bit I'd say, but it's not perfect. Still gets a bit jumpy. I'm actually walking out the door to go on a camping trip til Thursday, and I'm not bringing my laptop, so I'll check in again to this thread then. Thanks!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms