Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo P, Y and Z series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

02-07-2014

4 Signins

28 Page Views

• Message 1 of 4

Y510p shuts down immediately as I put the power plug in

2014-02-07, 17:07 PM

Hello guys

I have this strange issue when, some times, as soon as I put the power plug in into the computer, it shuts down. Not a regular shut down, just goes off. It doesn't matter how many battery has left, it can be 50%, 90% or 10%, it goes off immediately. But it doesn't happen all the time.

Do you have any ideas?

Thanks

Options

2834 Posts

08-01-2013

Bangalore

1326 Signins

47537 Page Views

• Views: 47537
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Y510p shuts down immediately as I put the power plug in

2014-02-11, 11:25 AM

Hi Gjmartini,

Welcome to Lenovo Community Forums!

I’m sorry to hear that your Y510p Laptop is not working as expected and turns OFF when the AC Adapter is connected to it., this issue seems to be hardware related. I suggest you to contact our Technical Support for Assistance to get the details of nearest Authorized Service Center to get the issue analyzed.

Click here to open a link where you can select the country and get the exact contact support number. I’m sure they will be a great help.

Do post us back for further queries.

Best Regards

Shiva Kumar

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Options

1 Posts

08-13-2015

New York

4 Signins

39 Page Views

• Views: 39
  • Message 3 of 4

2015-08-13, 14:19 PM

Hello,

I also have this porblem. it shuts down when I  plug in the adapter or when I remove it. I sent it to be serviced by Lenovo and being out of warranty I had to pay to ship it and I had to pay to fix the problem. I'm so confused, What did they service, what was I charged for if nothing was done.. One of the memory sticks is now not functioning. So instead of 6gb of ram I now have 2gb. Not only that, but my main problem is still not fixed. It still turns off when It's plugged in.

I'm really upset with their service and lack of communication. I don't know where else to find help. I've tried a different Adapter as well to no avail. I don't want to have to pay again to ship and get it serviced again.

Is there a number I can reach to help me escalate this issue? Will I get this resolved faster through the Better Business Bureau?  

Options

25 Posts

10-10-2015

Ukraine

35 Signins

215 Page Views

• Views: 215
  • Message 4 of 4

2015-11-25, 23:30 PM
I have the same problem with lenovo carbon x1. **bleep**? Is somebody already solved this?
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms