Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo P, Y and Z series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

11-09-2009

united states

11 Signins

375 Page Views

• Views: 375
  • Message 1 of 2

Y550 HDMI audio problem

2009-11-09, 21:38 PM

When I first connected my TV thru HDMI the audio and video switched automatically and all worked fine. Then all of the sudden I can't get the audio to switch from the laptop speakers to the tv/audio receiver. The video will switch over but the audio will not! :smileysad:

I have tried re installing the audio drivers and it seemed to have no effect.

Please help me figure out how to fix the problem or let me know if any one else is having this issue.

Thanks in advance

Answer
Options

3 Posts

11-09-2009

united states

11 Signins

375 Page Views

Re: Y550 HDMI audio problem

2009-11-18, 5:26 AM

So I figured it out... I have the  :smileysad: intell chipset.

My pc kept saying that all drivers were functional and up to date... However when I went to this page:

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/detect.htm

I found an updated driver installed it and a quick reboot later and all is well.

I had to mess with the setting in the power scheme as well to get it to play nice when resuming from screen saver though. It would come back from the screen saver without audio again.

The solution to that was to go into control panel/Hardware and Sound/Power options and select the option to adjust the setting of the one you are using and look in the advanced power settings. Make sure that the adaptive display options are turned on as well as make sure that turn the display off after is set to never while plugged in. I hope this helps any of you experiencing this audio issue.

Replies(1)
Answer
Options

3 Posts

11-09-2009

united states

11 Signins

375 Page Views

• Message 2 of 2

Re: Y550 HDMI audio problem

2009-11-18, 5:26 AM

So I figured it out... I have the  :smileysad: intell chipset.

My pc kept saying that all drivers were functional and up to date... However when I went to this page:

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/detect.htm

I found an updated driver installed it and a quick reboot later and all is well.

I had to mess with the setting in the power scheme as well to get it to play nice when resuming from screen saver though. It would come back from the screen saver without audio again.

The solution to that was to go into control panel/Hardware and Sound/Power options and select the option to adjust the setting of the one you are using and look in the advanced power settings. Make sure that the adaptive display options are turned on as well as make sure that turn the display off after is set to never while plugged in. I hope this helps any of you experiencing this audio issue.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)