Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo P, Y and Z series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

13866 Posts

12-07-2009

Czech Republic

9007 Signins

170449 Page Views

• Views: 170449
  • Message 11 of 142

Re: Y550P with PM55 Chipset and iTunes 9

2010-01-14, 16:32 PM

doesn't work with all the usbs or just trying for one?

is there any undefined device in your device manager?

right click my computer > manage > device manager.

and try to remove and reinstall all usb controllers:
expand universal serial bus controllers.
right-click every device under the universal serial bus controllers node, and then click uninstall to remove them one at a time.
restart the computer, and then reinstall the usb controllers.
plug in the removable usb storage device, and then test to make sure that the issue is resolved.

Due to my absence, I may not reply your posts and/or personal messages

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
Options

12 Posts

01-18-2010

USA

15 Signins

154 Page Views

• Views: 154
  • Message 12 of 142

2010-01-18, 10:13 AM

I too am having the same issue.  Tried the lastest chipset driver update, still problem with syncing.

I have a new ipod.  My issue isn't with getting an error, my issue is that I have the IPOD setup screen under ITunes show up asking me for the name of the IPOD and whether to auto sync my music and video.  When I click done, iTune hungs.

Options

51 Posts

01-07-2010

TX

50 Signins

331 Page Views

• Views: 331
  • Message 13 of 142

2010-01-18, 11:57 AM

This is exactly what is going on with me aswell. If I do a restore on the iPhone from my Y550P it will wipe the phone but when it gets to "Setup your iPhone" screen it asks me what to sync then when I choose and push next it hangs. I actually let it work for an hour and after that hour the iPhone's OS became corrupt and could no longer sync to ANY computer until I did a Reset All Settings. Hope someone fixes this soon...

Options

12 Posts

01-18-2010

USA

15 Signins

154 Page Views

• Message 14 of 142

2010-01-18, 13:51 PM

I have the exact same symtom.  After a few manual process kill of Itunes it complained about not being able to read the IPOD content properly and require a restore.  I also tried using an externa USB hub and the same problem occured.  Does any of the support personnel read/answer these boards or do we need to call/email in our problem?

To twiztid:

1) Can you check and see if you have the same mouse/keyboard issue as mine?  Right after any key press on the keyboard, the mousepad does not register any movements for roughly 2 seconds.  External mouse works fine.

2) Also I tried downloading the Intel drivers and it didn't do anything for the problem, and it seemed to have added a few system drivers entry.  Can you see how many of the "Intel(R) 5 series/3400 series chipset family PCI Express Root Port X - YYYY", entries you have under Device Settings, System?  Currently I have 5 of them, for port 1, 2,3, 4, and 6.

3) Under Device Manager, Network Adapters, I have a problem driver of "Teredo Tunneling Psuedo Interface", which has been there I got my laptop last week.  Do you have the same issue?  It doesn't look like a critical component but this is quite unacceptable to have a bad driver right out of the box

Thanks!

Options

51 Posts

01-07-2010

TX

50 Signins

331 Page Views

• Message 15 of 142

2010-01-18, 14:00 PM

1) Thanks for the reply you are exactly right I have the same touchpad problems which I have never noticed because I always use my external that is really frustrating now :(

2) I have all those entries as well not really sure if I had them beforinstalling the latest intel drivers or not but currently yes they are present

3) I do not have that Teredo Tunneling Psuedo Interface drive installed however from what I see its part of the IPv6 routing built into Windows so I would not be too concerned if you want just disable it

BTW since we are documenting hardware problems in this thread at this point I also have an issue with my Broadcom Gbit nic where the driver is causing windows 7 to be unstable and caused a few BSOD based on the event viewer an after disabling the NIC my laptop has been stable

Options

12 Posts

01-18-2010

USA

15 Signins

154 Page Views

• Message 16 of 142

2010-01-18, 14:13 PM

I haven't had the BSOD issue, but I did have trouble getting my wireless/wired connection to work with my old laptop (DLink DI-524).  Each time I connect to it wirelessly or wired, it will cause my router to have a really high ping (> 3xxx millisecond) for any machine that's connected to it. 

I uchecked IPv6 and all the unecessary protocol under each adapter but problem persists.  Finally after updating to latest firmware on my router, restarting it, having the IPv6 and other protocols off was i able to connect to my router.  No problem with the newer router/AP at work.

Another problem I have is Windows Explorer randomly crashing.  Just now I was trying to look up the hardware address of the mouse/keyboard I wasn't able to go into device manager or right click on computer > properties as Windows Explorer and the Microsoft MMC console keep crashing each time I tried to access them.

Should we both email/call Lenovo regarding the Itune and mousepad issue? 

Options

51 Posts

01-07-2010

TX

50 Signins

331 Page Views

• Message 17 of 142

2010-01-18, 14:25 PM

I called them last week and they told me they would escalate this to an eng. however she didnt seem like she really would do anything which kind of sucks because I heard lenovo support is really good but so far I have not seen it. My IE crashes perodically but thats a Windows 7 issue not the hardware because ive seen it on every windows 7 machine and could be a similiar issue your having with explorer and mmc. Try to give lenovo a call and lets see if we can get this escalted. I know usually some techs prowl these forums and forward these claims to people however I have yet to see any admin post anything on this thread :(

Options

4169 Posts

11-20-2007

United States of America

23523 Signins

803305 Page Views

• Views: 803305
  • Message 18 of 142

2010-01-18, 14:36 PM

towchan wrote:

Does any of the support personnel read/answer these boards or do we need to call/email in our problem?

Welcome to the forum!

While there are a few Lenovo employees in here helping out on a volunteer basis, this is not an official support channel with dedicated Lenovo support personnel assigned to it. Instead, this is designed to be a user-to-user support and discussion forum. You may or may not get an answer directly from one of the Lenovo employees as there are way more of us than them and all of them, even Mark, have full-time jobs doing other things.

keep-calm-it-s-a-thinkpad-sm2.jpg

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Jane
nonnymouselenovoff1.gif

2015 X1 Carbon, ThinkPad Slate, T410s, X301, X200 Tablet, T60p, HP TouchPad, iPad Air 2, iPhone 5S, IdeaTab A2107A, Yoga Tablet, Yoga 3 Pro
I AM one of those crazy ThinkPad zealots!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

I am not a Lenovo employee

Options

12 Posts

01-18-2010

USA

15 Signins

154 Page Views

• Message 19 of 142

2010-01-18, 14:41 PM

Thanks Jane.

To Twiztid:

I just got my first BSOD on this machine, couldn't tell what caused it though.  The Event log is quite different than XP's.

Options

51 Posts

01-07-2010

TX

50 Signins

331 Page Views

• Message 20 of 142

2010-01-18, 15:01 PM

Thanks for the reply Jane just trying to draw attention here I understand this isnt an offical support venue :)

Try to disable your ethernet NIC and see if you still get the BSOD mine literally completely stopped after doing that based on my analysis of the event viewer (it is very different but also much better organized compared to XP). I assume downloading a new Broadcom driver would probably fix the issue but I never use my wired connection so I dont even care to find a fix for it.

The only things that are bothering me about this laptop at this point are:

1) iTunes and PM55 chipset (not sayin its Lenovo's fault because it isnt however there is a BIOS update available for this chipset that fixes the issue as shown by Dell, HP, ASUS, and others so I would like Lenovo to put that out for us)

2) The touchpad does not respond for 2-3 seconds after using they keyboard

3) The OKR button cannot be remapped (hopefully working with middleton on this soon)

4) The battery life diminishes within 1.5 hours when using super energy saved power profile (seems poor compared to the advertised battery life)

Hopefully, these issues can get resolved :)

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms