Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo P, Y and Z series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

85 Posts

12-27-2012

Virginia

96 Signins

1476 Page Views

• Views: 1476
  • Message 1 of 2

Y580 59359513 WiDi and backlit keyboard?

2013-01-17, 17:32 PM

While we're on the WiDi issue and the Y series features, I'm being told two different things by Sales people concerning the backlit keyboard on a y580. I posted a question on here days ago but have yet to get a reply.

The y580 model 59359513 (second from the left on the web sale page)....does it have a backlit keyboard? One sales rep says YES, one says NO. One sales rep told me YES it had WiDi, one rep said NO. I noted to the one who said NO WiDi that the graph of features on all y series indicates that ALL y580's have WiDi but that not all have Dynamic graphics. So I'm curious, mostly because I put in a replacement order a few days ago to replace my defective y500 (which I still need to ship back, but still have to use because I'm remoting from home and can't be without a laptop, even if they keyboard and touchpad do act up).

I need to know for sure if the y580 I ordered has the HD 4000 enabled, is WiDi capable and whether it has a backlit keyboard. I can't seem to get any resounding YES from more than one person.

Thanks!

Moderator note: off-topic post moved to its own thread and subject edited to match content.

Options

85 Posts

12-27-2012

Virginia

96 Signins

1476 Page Views

• Views: 1476
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Y580 59359513 WiDi and backlit keyboard?

2013-01-18, 0:52 AM

update on this question, i live chatted a rep today to check on my y580 order and grilled him on the backlight issue.. he said the  model 59359513 has a backlit keyboard. i kept my chat log and filed it away with the order. those specs sheets entitled PSREF on the Guides and Manuals section need to be updated on the y580 because it shows that the model i ordered and at least 2 others do NOT have backlit keyboards. i'm really leery and will be hopeful that it does. a little worried when the spec sheets don't match what a rep says

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms