12-01-2012

California

3 Signins

11 Page Views

• Views: 11
  • Message 1 of 2

Y580 Want to clean install win 8 on SSD in caddy

2012-12-01, 5:33 AM

I currently have the y580 that does not come with an ssd so I installed one in the caddy bay. the OS is windows 8 64bit

1. The retailer I got my notebook at did not include a boot disk and I am aware that the product key is encrypted into the BIOS. Do you guys have a legitamte source for windows 8 64-bit RTM(final version) .iso so I can have it boot from the SSD? Any help on transfering the iso to a USB flashdrive will be appreciated however not necessary because I think I saw something about it on good 'ol google.

2. Further having searching for a solution, I found another problem with "rapid drive." From what I gather, without this software I am not able to acess both my SSD and HDD at the same time. is that true and if not please specifiy how it works. BIOS shows that I have both an SSD and HDD however going into Computer there is only C: and a lenovo partition, no SSD.

Any help will be SUMAMENTE appreciated! and will keep my from pullin out my noggin hairs.

Cheers!

-Disgruntled+ill informed consumer

Options

13 Posts

11-28-2012

Los Angeles, CA

57 Signins

235 Page Views

• Views: 235
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Y580 Want to clean install win 8 on SSD in caddy

2012-12-01, 9:39 AM

1) You can download the Windows 8 .iso from the Microsoft website and you can boot that into a DVD or USB flash drive. You can google in further to see how you can do that if you are not familiar with doing it.

2) You have to go into BIOS and make your SSD the primary hard drive. You also have to set your SDD into AHCI or RAID configuration.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete