11-26-2014

Norway

1 Signins

16 Page Views

• Views: 16
  • Message 1 of 12

Y70 webcam not detected

2014-11-26, 12:08 PM

I've just started using a new Y70 Touch with Windows 8.1. It doesn't detect the integrated webcam.

It's not on the list of devices. It doesn't activate when I press FN + ESC. I installed the Bison driver from the Lenovo support site, but nothing changed. Skype can't detect it. I've googled it but none of the proposed solutions have worked for me.

Options

3019 Posts

03-15-2014

Bangalore

1126 Signins

57257 Page Views

• Views: 57257
  • Message 2 of 12

Re: Y70 webcam not detected

2014-11-26, 12:30 PM

Hi Tilde8,

Welcome to Lenovo Community!

As per the query we understood that you are facing issue with camera on your Lenovo Y70.

• Have you check if the driver is installed properly from device manager, if installed check if it is enabled from setting. 
  • Press Windows + C to enter the charms bar and go to PC setting select privacy and go to Web-camera option and check if it switches ON.

Check with this option and let us know the findings.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Hemanth Kumar

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Options

1 Posts

11-29-2014

United States

3 Signins

9 Page Views

• Views: 9
  • Message 3 of 12

2014-11-29, 18:32 PM

I too have this same issue.  I checked the privacy settings and everything is turned on.  The camera does not show in the device manager, nor does the driver download install as it states there is no camera.  

Is there a switch, a key combination, something to turn on the camera?

Options

3019 Posts

03-15-2014

Bangalore

1126 Signins

57257 Page Views

• Message 4 of 12

2014-12-01, 11:03 AM

Hi Homer2000,

Check if Integrated camera is enabled in BIOS, for that you have to enter the BIOS by tapping F1 key after switching ON the system, go to security menu and in that I/O port access – Integrated camera enable.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Hemanth Kumar

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

1 Posts

01-05-2015

4 Signins

19 Page Views

• Message 5 of 12

2015-01-06, 22:17 PM

I just got a Y-70 Touch 8 days ago, and am having the same problem as Tilde8 and Homer2000. I have the camera turned on in charms settings. The driver is installed. When I try to reinstall the driver, it doesn't install. I've also used the Lenovo OneKey Recovery System but but the camera still doesn't work.

Like, Homer2000, there is no "imaging device" listed in device manager.

When I go into the BIOS configuration screen, it lists: Wireless LAN, SATA Controller Mode, Graphic Device, Power Beep, Intel Virtual Technology, BIOS Back Flash, HotKey Mode, Always On USB. I don't see "Integrated Camera" as an option anywhere.

Has anyone been able to solve this problem? Could it be a loose connection?

Options

3019 Posts

03-15-2014

Bangalore

1126 Signins

57257 Page Views

• Message 6 of 12

2015-01-07, 8:29 AM

Hi Satisfacshaun,

Welcome to Lenovo forum!

Please boot the system into BIOS and set it to factory default setting by pressing F9 and F10 to save & exit. After that boot the system into Windows and check if you are able to check the camera.

Please click here to check if the camera is detecting or not.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Hemanth Kumar

Options

1 Posts

01-06-2015

7 Signins

22 Page Views

• Message 7 of 12

2015-01-08, 1:16 AM

I'm experiencing the same issue as the rest. The camera doesn't appear in device manager, reinstalling the driver doesn't work, etc. Resetting to the default factory settings in the bios, as suggested, proved ineffective. 

However, my microphone is also not functioning. I've reinstalled the realtek audio drivers from the Lenovo website to no avail. All other standard troubleshooting steps I've come across haven't been able to change anything. The only time there's an indication of a sound being recorded is when I adjust the screen angle.

I'm at a loss as to what the issue could be. Any help would be appreciated. 

Options

3019 Posts

03-15-2014

Bangalore

1126 Signins

57257 Page Views

• Message 8 of 12

2015-01-08, 7:48 AM

Hi Pirifius,

As you have done all the troubleshooting and issue still persists, I think this would be a hard ware issue. I suggest you to contacts Lenovo technical support if the system is under warranty or approach any nearby service center.

Please click here to contact Lenovo customer support for your region to get the detail of service centers.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Hemanth Kumar

Options

1 Posts

09-30-2015

PL

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 9 of 12

2015-09-30, 18:54 PM

I've got the same problem. 

I saw that in Lenovo Settings the camera was ON but when I've been trying to turn it OFF then error appear and Lenovo Settings stop working. I went to Devices Manager (via Control Panel) and there I've found camera and switched it OFF and ON - now it is working correct way and I can turn it ON and OFF again in Lenovo Settings ant the program seems to work correct way. I thin that there was some error and somehow the camera stuck during the hibernation or smth and the Lenovo Settings cannot wake up the camera by itself. 

Options

3 Posts

03-04-2016

Latvia

6 Signins

53 Page Views

• Views: 53
  • Message 10 of 12

2016-03-04, 19:16 PM

I bought laptop a 2 weeks ago - with windows 10 and camera works. 
But after reinstalation windows - it'die. 

I already try to search i/o and enter into BIOS on this model is del

Win + c doesn't work for Win10

Below you can found the screen maded when I run diagnostick with Lenovo EUFI UI Diagnostic tools and full configuration report.

screen1

screen2

screen3

configuration_file.cfg - dump of all devices

also another one issue - is in detecting laptop by Lenovo softaware (Lenovo settings for example)

ScreenShot of Lenovo Settings

as you can see - this software have no idea about what laptop i use, only bios

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete