GR

1 Signins

67 Page Views

• Views: 67
  • Message 1 of 1

Z50-70 stuck at windows logo!!

2018-06-02, 13:05 PM

Hi all

I haven't slept at all for 2nd day now:) I have a z50-70 with the i5 and the nvidia gpu. Suddenly yesterday in the morning it restarted itself and since then, whatever I tried cannot get into windows.

Wait, the list of trials and errors is huge:)

I tried with the Recovery button to get into system recovery, no luck.

I tried with a microsoft media creation tool usb stick, no luck

I tried with a rufus created image with win 8.1 and win 10, no luck

I tried with WintoUSB to create a usb stick on the go with WINXP, Win7, win 8.1, win10, just to boot into, no luck.

I tried the same thing with a formatted hdd into the laptop replacing the stock HDD, no luck (this same stick with the windows on the go version works just fine in my other laptop, even on my PC and boots just fine into windows)

I even deleted just for testing the windows boot manager partition of the stock HDD so as to force it to get into recovery, no luck.

All the above were tested even with legacy or uefi boot into bios and of course formated the stick accordingly with rufus to GPT or MBR.

So my final question is Can it be a faulty chipset that starts loading the windows drivers and gets stuck since it fails in every version of windows either using Legacy or UEFI loading?

I've also tried to reset the bios but de-soldering the battery, no luck there too, it was reset but no difference.

All day today was trying to update the bios from dos (extracting the .fd file from the complete downloaded exe file from lenovo support), but no luck there, every flashing app used for insydeflash bios flashing was giving a different warning/error result.

Oohh...not to forget to mention I've also tried a different ram replacing the stock ones.

So I guess that's it?!?!

Thanks for your time

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete