04-09-2015

Huddersfield, UK

12 Signins

63 Page Views

• Views: 63
  • Message 1 of 3

Z50-75 screen blank, connector problem?

2015-04-09, 10:11 AM

Hello, I received my new Lenovo Z50-75 laptop yesterday after ordering from saveonlaptops.co.uk, it booted up fine and i was installing steam and other apps. I noticed the screen flicker a couple of times and thought nothing of it. I booted up the laptop today and nothing was showing on the screen, i could tell the screen was on as it was backlit very faintly however nothing was showing.
I tried adjusting the screen and opening/closing the laptop, and it flickered on! I tried to keep it in the position but it wasnt staying on at all.

Would this be an issue with the connecting wire from GPU to screen straight out of the box? It is brand new and has no visible damage. If it is a hardware issue have no idea how the issue could be made worse when not being touched for 24 hrs however!
Is there a way of fixing this myself?

Thanks,

Kris

Options

6093 Posts

02-11-2012

PH

4456 Signins

274702 Page Views

• Views: 274702
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Z50-75 screen blank, connector problem?

2015-04-10, 17:22 PM

hi Kris,

Welcome to the Forums.

From your observation, it does look like there's a problem with the LCD cable (eDP) or the connection of the LCD to the motherboard (you can verify this if you get a display using an external monitor attached to the VGA/HDMI port).

I recommend you the place of purchase (if it's still possible to exchange the unit) or lenovo (for service).

Support phone list

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

4 Posts

04-09-2015

Huddersfield, UK

12 Signins

63 Page Views

• Views: 63
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Z50-75 screen blank, connector problem?

2015-04-17, 7:59 AM

Hello, just to keep you updated i managed to get the laptop sent off for repair this week. I was given a DOA code by Lenovo and saveonlaptops.co.uk (box.co.uk) have picked it up for repair. Hopefully it will be sorted out swiftly as it's not great i have received a faulty machine and had to wait what could be two weeks to have it all sorted out!

Kris

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete