Iran

4 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 3

Z500 740m graphics for crysis 3 problem

2013-09-01, 11:28 AM

Hi,

i bought a Lenovo IdeaPad Z500 with the following specifications yesterday.

CPU : intel core i7-3612QM

VGA : Intel HD4000 + nvidia Geforce 740m

RAM : 6gb ddr3

HDD: 1 TB
OS: free does - installed windows 7 x64 ultimate (not trial) afterwards.

everything works perfect and its a really good laptop except the switchable graphic cards are trouble makers.

I installed Crysis 3 (Genuie, not cracked) and tried to run but nothing shows up not even a splash screen or blanck screen. i have been searching every forum on the internet but couldn't find a solution so far.

I read somewhere that other laptops have a BIOS option of choosing between the graphic adaptors but Z500 has only 2 options. Swichable graphics and UMA.

both adaptors have the latest drivers and are correctly installed but it seems most programs choose intel HD over Nvidia. even in display properties there's only intel HD and no nvidia.

the Nvidia controll panel has only 3 options : adjust image setting with preview , mange 3D settings , set physx configuration ! nothing about resolution etc . my home desktop has dozens of more options to configure.

is there anyway to disable intelHD graphics and work with nvidia only? i tried to disable the intel adapter from device manager and my screen went black so i restarted manually by holding down the power botton and the next boot intel HD graphics were disabled but this time nvidia didn't load ! said it didn't found the adaptor or something.

So i'm guessing intel HD and nvidia must be enabled and the same time right? isn't there anyway to bypass that ?

anyone else having this issue?

has anyone ever ran  crysis 3 on Z500 ?

i'd be glad to give more info to solve this problem.

Solved! See the solution
Options

1251 Posts

11-19-2012

Egypt

1333 Signins

10326 Page Views

• Views: 10326
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Z500 740m graphics for crysis 3 problem

2013-09-02, 8:21 AM

Dear danymogh,

Welcome to Lenovo Community,

Please follow the below steps to have your issue sorted out:

1- Go to the Bios and change the Graphic mode to be Switchable mode.

2- Go to NVIDIA control Panel and then Global Setting Tab and change it to be High-Performance NIVIDIA Processor.

3- Finally to Lunch your application under the NIVIDIA performance, Right Click on its quick lunch icon and Run with graphic processor (NIVIDIA Processor).

Please try this solution and if the problem still exists, just let me know.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Options

3 Posts

09-01-2013

Iran

4 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Z500 740m graphics for crysis 3 problem

2013-09-02, 10:45 AM
Problem was solved right after i posted ^^
DirectX wasn't installed !

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete