Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo P, Y and Z series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

01-11-2011

United States

46 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 1 of 3

Z565 - Microphone feedback issues, anyone have any advice?

2011-01-11, 0:33 AM

Hello!

I recently purchased a Lenovo Ideapad z565 about 2 weeks ago. At first everything was going fine, and I honestly do love the laptop. However, recently I have been having major microphone feedback issues. My microphone is picking up just about every noise, my keyboard, the fans in my laptop, even if I tap anywhere on the surface of the laptop it picks up. I'm not sure what is casuing this, but here are some of the things I have tried:

- Updated sound drivers

- Adjusted both microphone volume and boost option

- Disabled HDMI sound driver in hopes of some sort of conflict that was causing it.

- Happsn both when i'm using my laptop speakers and have headphones plugged in.

I have yet to try a different microphone because I don't have one avaliable right now. If I need to provide anymore information please let me know, i'd be happy to. If anyone has any advice or can offer any help I would greatly appreciate it!

Options

301 Posts

10-08-2010

Saint Helena

908 Signins

4473 Page Views

• Views: 4473
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Z565 - Microphone feedback issues, anyone have any advice?

2011-01-11, 1:29 AM

Well, might be not related completely, but try this set:http://leshcat.blogspot.com/2011/01/realtek-driver-r256-multi-installer-3.html . While customizing, pick up option №2.

Who knows,This driver gets rid of "static noise" and possibly it might fix this issue too.

Options

4 Posts

01-07-2011

Hungary

14 Signins

56 Page Views

• Views: 56
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Z565 - Microphone feedback issues, anyone have any advice?

2011-01-11, 13:51 PM

don't worry my friend, it's just because of using skype, i think you use skype also, when you are using skype, it will automatically configures your microphone options, for fixing this, just return all what you did, and go to control panel, then click on sound and then go on the recording tab, then click on your microphone and then click on properties, go on the levels tab and set the microphone boosts from +40.0 dB to +20.0 dB, it would reduce environment noises, if you got smart audio click on it the go on the second tab and then click on VOIP (voice over internet protocol).

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms