Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo P, Y and Z series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

06-23-2013

Italy

1 Signins

14 Page Views

• Views: 14
  • Message 1 of 6

Z580 Onekey Recovery doesn't start!

2013-06-23, 20:18 PM

Hi to all guys,i'm here with that little problem..

I was doing some "cleaning" on my laptop and i was watching all the softwares that i had..

So i thought that it was a great idea format the PC!

I opened the "Onekey Recovery" software and i clicked the part where it says that i can format my pc...it says "Do you want to restart your pc for enter in Onekey Recovery Software?" 

I obviously clicked yes,and the pc restarted...but nothing happened:it did only a simply restart,and i didn't see any softwares show up :\

Anyone has an idea of why?

Thanks,Ludovico.

(Please sorry for my English,I'm Italian :P )

Options

6095 Posts

02-11-2012

Philippines

4461 Signins

274737 Page Views

• Views: 274737
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: Z580 Onekey Recovery doesn't start!

2013-06-24, 19:55 PM

hi Ludovico,

Welcome to the Lenovo Forums.

The partition struction of the drive must have been modified that's why the recovery partition is not triggering via the OneKey Recovery application.

Try one of the following:

1. Create a recovery drive and use it to reset Windows 8.

2. Reset Windows 8

Hope this helps

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

1 Posts

01-23-2014

russia

4 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 3 of 6

2014-01-23, 18:55 PM

I got my windows broken down. .I want to reinstall it but I cannot get access to the bios.. Neither of the provided solutions help =(

Options

4 Posts

02-03-2014

The Nederlands

3 Signins

14 Page Views

• Message 4 of 6

2014-02-03, 18:56 PM

I have the same problem wiht lenovo i buy a lenovo pc z580 at medion fabriek, in Gemany and when i am home check my pc and try to upgrade to windows 8 and after it my pc dont work anymore good, and then i pay 100euro for lenovo to fiz it for me just have buy my pc 4 days and lenovo ask me money for it. and now i get again problem and lenovo say for me that my pc cant be upgrade to windows 8 and if i want back it for windows 7 i need pay again 100euro i think that lenovo is a company that want **bleep**ing the peoples and think only about money. all other pc i get if i have problem of try to upgrade and dont fond it nice i can come back to my old windows but by lenovo we need pay and pay **bleep** up it.

And the peoples work for lenovo is not nice to help peoples, all what u ask the peoples say no dont have and not work only say u have to pay and pay. that was my secund producte of lenovo and then i never go more in my life buy it cause lenovo is a company that think only in the money but dont help never us costumes.

I am really not happy wiht this company and the peoples work for this company is the same of the company crazy only for get money and more money.:smileysad: :smileymad:

Options

5402 Posts

05-09-2013

United States of America

6273 Signins

19373 Page Views

• Views: 19373
  • Message 5 of 6

2014-02-03, 19:15 PM

To restore the OS to factory default you have to make the recovery drive as described in the 1st link and boot up using this drive. Choose Reset as described in the 2nd link. To change the boot option you must go into bios. One way to go to bios is to shut down your computer. Then press the NOVO button.

Options

4 Posts

02-03-2014

The Nederlands

3 Signins

14 Page Views

• Message 6 of 6

2014-02-03, 19:28 PM

But also when i have buy it dont have recovery partition... So lenovo must not ask me to pay 100euro but well make me happy... 

And al other computer recovery partition is its that must be in the HDD of the pc for if we get problem so we can always back to the original fabriek system.

And Lenovo dont work wiht that cause only want make money and money.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms