10-10-2020

IL

2 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 1 of 2

Z580 recovery (no one key partition)

2020-10-10, 19:01 PM

Hello. I got this IdeaPad Z580 from someone in my family. It has Windows 10 installed by someone, and it's plagued with viruses and questionable software. I want to reinstall the OS. One key recovery partition is deleted by someone and I cannot recover using that.

However, the laptop has OEM Windows 7 Home Premium OA key printed on it. I don't want to buy new copy of windows to install. I failed to acquire digital copy from the Microsoft site - it says because it's OEM I should contact manufacturer, however there is no option to contact Lenovo (out of warranty long time ago) and Lenovo automatic tool for creating recovery USB drives doesn't work for that machine for some reason.

Is there a way to install Win7 using this machine key? I don't care if it does not include Lenovo software (but I prefer to have it, though), I just want clean system installation.

Ideal thing for me will be recreating One Key recovery partition as well, but I guess, image from it nowhere to be found.

Options

2 Posts

10-10-2020

IL

2 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Z580 recovery (no one key partition)

2020-10-27, 13:45 PM

Ok, I got the appropriate OEM Win7 image, put it on a bootable USB drive and burned a bootable copy on a DVD. I have no way to actually boot from any of these media because I CANNOT ACCESS BIOS AND BOOT MENU. I just hoped, that DVD drive will be priority on boot list by default like on any other old PC I used in my life. But no. No booting, no bios, no nothing. Honestly, it's just insane design to put crucial firmware to easily erasable drive and don't offer any options to repair it. How do I supposed reinstall the system then? I can try it from windows 10 environment, but if something goes wrong I have a bricked PC on my hands. It's frustrating beyond believe to deal with it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete