Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit our eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo P, Y and Z series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

07-04-2014

Indonesia

5 Signins

67 Page Views

• Views: 67
  • Message 1 of 4

battery wont charge lenovo z400 windows 8.1

2014-07-04, 4:16 AM

hello, I'm new in this forum, and made this account solely for this purpose

lets get to the point

my lenovo z400 suddenly wont charge on my system (windows 8.1 pro x64) when i highlight the battery it said "plugged in and not charging" have tried many things (eg. clean uninstall LEM (using revo uninstaller) and re-install it, trying to upgrade the battery firmware but can't (since the ones in lenovo site only supports wn 8)) I can just re-install the whole system but that really is not preferable for me nor put it on service center since I need it for school. so, can anyone give me some fix?

Options

2834 Posts

08-01-2013

Bangalore

1326 Signins

47537 Page Views

• Views: 47537
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: battery wont charge lenovo z400 windows 8.1

2014-07-04, 14:02 PM

Hi Dim,

Welcome to Lenovo Community!

I’m sorry to hear that the Battery is not charging and displaying “Plugged-in not charging” error message and the issue persists even after performing the troubleshooting steps. Please install the LEM (Lenovo Energy Management) in the computer and then change the Mode to “Maximum Battery Life” and if the issue persists the only available option is to contact our Technical Support for further Assistance regarding the concern and to get the details of the nearest Authorized Service Center to get the issue analyzed.

Click here to open a link where you can select the country and get the exact contact support number. I’m sure they will be a great help.

Do post us back for further queries.

Best Regards

Shiva Kumar

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Options

5 Posts

07-04-2014

Indonesia

5 Signins

67 Page Views

• Views: 67
  • Message 3 of 4

2014-07-04, 15:13 PM

well I am able to solve it now :3 and no I have set LEM for maximum battery life

and I think you guys at lenovo should update the LEM since I think the vault is wether on LEM or my OS ( I updated win 8 to 8.1 not fresh install). but this is how I work around it.

1. I did clear uninstalation on the LEM using revo uninstaller (deleted registry and other things)

2. I do a full shut down (not standard win 8 and 8.1 shutdown) and charge it from when the laptop is fully shutted down

walla the charger works again~

3. re install LEM

well I just realize since this kind of error didn't happen only once it's actually the second time (but in the first one I only need to uninstall and reinstall LEM). these kind of error happened to me whenever I updated my windows 8.1 and the LEM is set to maximum health. after a week or so, the battery won't charge. I don't really know what made this happened but yeah that's what happened ^^

Options

2834 Posts

08-01-2013

Bangalore

1326 Signins

47537 Page Views

• Views: 47537
  • Message 4 of 4

2014-07-07, 8:55 AM

Hi Dim,

I understand your concern, I suggest you to restore your computer back to Windows 8 and then update all the drivers and BIOS available on our support website before upgrading to Windows as per the “Update Consideration & Resources” article to resolve any compatibility issues. Below is the link for the same:

Do post us back for further queries.

Best Regards

Shiva Kumar

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms