Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo P, Y and Z series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

04-05-2021

Malaysia

4 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 1 of 5

video scheduler internal error when switching to 'switchable graphics' in BIOS

2021-04-05, 16:08 PM

Been using y50 for almost 5 years, been getting this error just recently so I updated all drivers etc. I ended up reinstall windows (clean install) as i thought that would fix it.

After windows installation and updates, the problem is still there.

Searched up the internet, i changed Graphic Device in BIOS setting from 'Switchable Graphics' to 'UMA Graphic' and the problem is gone. 

So here i am with a slow graphic card. the nvidia graphic card is hidden in device manager, but i can update it although i don't know if it make any change.

Manual graphic card update from nvidia website wont do because it says it is not compatible with this version of windows and could not find compatible graphic card hardware.

How do I fix this? switching back to 'Switchable Graphics' will bring the error back. Is it really because of the failing hardware?

Options

2454 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

156 Signins

14176 Page Views

• Views: 14176
  • Message 2 of 5

Re:video scheduler internal error when switching to 'switchable graphics' in BIOS

2021-04-06, 17:27 PM

Hello arify,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Thank you for taking the time to post in the board. Let's check for any workaround available, you may start by identifying both of your machine model unit (ex. Flex 5-14ARE), and the machine type model / MTM (ex. 81C70000RK) from the sticker so it can be an asset of finding the specifications.

We'll be waiting.

Regards.
Dex_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

3 Posts

04-05-2021

Malaysia

4 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 3 of 5

Re:video scheduler internal error when switching to 'switchable graphics' in BIOS

2021-04-07, 14:58 PM
Okay, hope this helps. Lenovo Y50-70 Model name: 20378 MTM: 59438437
Options

2454 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

156 Signins

14176 Page Views

• Views: 14176
  • Message 4 of 5

2021-04-07, 19:33 PM

Hello arify,

I would like to suggest running diagnostics with your machine first. You may let us know about the results and place them here.

Also try loading the BIOS to defaults, steps are provided below.

Perform power cycle: shutdown the machine, disconnect all external/peripheral devices (external mouse, keyboard, flashdrives, etc.), press and hold down the power button for 60 seconds to drain flea power.

Find and access the Novo button (a tiny pinhole with a U-turn arrow icon next to it) to turn on the device, the Novo menu will be shown in the screen. Navigate and then select the BIOS Set Up.

Navigate using the arrow keys to select the EXIT menu. Select Load Setup Default - click Enter, select YES and click Enter. Select Exit and Save Changes then click Enter, select YES and click Enter. Your computer will start up.

You may check the option for it.

Regards.
Dex_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

3 Posts

04-05-2021

Malaysia

4 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 5 of 5

2021-04-13, 7:02 AM
Thank you for taking the time to reply. I've load the setup default from BIOS Setup. Windows booted up until i can see the desktop but hanged right after that. Then blue screen appeared; DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION and it restarted itself. After that, couldn't get past sign in page and the recovery screen appears. It says it looks like Windows didnt load correctly. As for the test, everything passed. except that no nvidia graphic card detected. the test only covered intel graphic card.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms