Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo P, Y and Z series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

11 Posts

10-18-2008

yorba linda ca

17 Signins

196 Page Views

• Views: 196
  • Message 1 of 1

y430 & 64 bit os

2008-10-19, 6:28 AM

Hello there i purchsed a y430 from circuit city yesterday my first experience with Lenovo so far i dunno... Kinda still beta testing it :) it seems. My previous laptop was a compaq f756nr and i installed 64 bit os with 2 gigs and then later 3 gigs. Before that i was running xp 64 bit on a dual boot with vista x64. I have also converted all my friends as well such a cleaner way to go.

Anyways here is my question...

I know that some of the drivers are supported with 64 bit,. some dont have a 64 bit folder and so forth. Can the y430 support vista 64 bit? I was spending some time reading the forums I didnt see anytrhing bout the y430, is there a acpi driver for 64 bit for the y430? Iam not to worried bout the cam software that should be easy to get going but my main concern is the acpi, energy driver, etc.  And also what bout xp 64 bit drivers?

Well if this model doesnt support x64 vista mainly.... Its going to leave a bad taste in my mouth with Lenovo!! And i will just get the hp dv4 since they fully support 64 bit os.

Please dont ask me why I love the 64 bit OS, i been toying with it for about a year now... superior to 32 bit for all tasks. Just need some answers thank you

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms