Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo P, Y and Z series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

9 Posts

04-27-2010

Russia

33 Signins

182 Page Views

• Views: 182
  • Message 11 of 12

Re: y550p crashing/freezing

2010-04-28, 14:23 PM

I had a similar problem. Has disassembled a notebook and has detected, bad quality of thermointerfaces, has put thermopaste - problems have disappeared. 3 months - flight normal. By the way, outwardly, before opening, an overheat was not to define.

Options

11 Posts

04-25-2010

united states

19 Signins

116 Page Views

• Views: 116
  • Message 12 of 12

Re: y550p crashing/freezing

2010-04-28, 23:19 PM

Okay, almost 38 hours there in safe mode, and no bsod.  That's the longest it's gone now without a blue screen since this began happening.  I guess that rules out hdd and ram problems. 

I have access to an older Intel 3945  wireless card that I could swap for this one, but I don't know if that would void the warranty, so I'm not going to attempt that just yet.

I have also googled this problem a lot, and in most cases, replacing the card is what fixed the issue. Next thing I will try is renaming the NETw5v64.sys file and installing the Lenovo driver again, but seeing as this happens on both Linux and Windows makes me think there is something wrong with the card.

Incidentally, I also installed OS X on here, the wireless card does not get recognized on that system, and it has never crashed.

Unfortunately, I need wireless access at this time, so the sooner we can come to an agreeable solution, the better.

@nos96:  I monitor my CPU and GPU temps fairly closely, and neither ever get above the safe thermal limit.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms