Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo P, Y and Z series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

43 Posts

07-15-2010

Melbourne

266 Signins

728 Page Views

• Views: 728
  • Message 11 of 14

Re: y560 HDMI audio

2010-08-30, 9:58 AM

on every attempt, yes of course, I need to somehow use the mouse/kb ;)

Options

1 Posts

09-06-2010

bc

3 Signins

32 Page Views

• Views: 32
  • Message 12 of 14

2010-09-06, 2:53 AM

did you ever figure this one out? i had the same problem I needed to hook the tv up and start the sytem up and then after it started up i needed to go into device manager and do a scan for hardware changes. After that I can see the  digital audio (HDMI) in the playback devices area. Hope that helps if you were still having problems and if you have it working hopefully someone else finds it helpful.

just an update after turning it off and back on it stopped woring again and the same steps didn't fix it. this itme had to go into device manger and then system devices and the high def audio controler was disabled. enabled that and it worked fine again.

Options

30 Posts

02-25-2010

Russia

60 Signins

987 Page Views

• Views: 987
  • Message 13 of 14

2010-09-06, 12:11 PM

Dear All,

Please use the following driver which is verified to have no issues:

http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/us/en/DriversDownloads/drivers_show_2619.html

Also please be reminded that in order to have HDMI audio output working you need to use the discrete graphics.

This means that in order to 100% solve the issue you need to:

1) Use the driver linked above

2) Set the power profle to the "Performance mode" in Lenovo Energy Management software.

HTH

Options

20 Posts

09-16-2010

Germany

27 Signins

203 Page Views

• Views: 203
  • Message 14 of 14

2010-09-20, 17:35 PM

I have the same probem =(

HDMI sound worked well for some time. But now the HDMI Audio Device disappeared in my "Sound"-List. No more sound on my TV... So I reinstalled the Realtek driver several times with no success. Then I noticed the HDMI Audio Driver for ATI in the Appwizzard and uninstalled it to reinstall it. But now I can't find a way to reinstall it. Tried to install the Realtek driver and also reinstalled the new ATI driver for WIn7x64... No success. The HDMI Audio Driver for ATI is gone and I still have no sound on HDMI...

In addition the Monitor Management Tool (Fn + F3) changed to the Win7-integrated-one and won't show the Lenovo tool anymore.

Please help me!

Where can i get the "Realtek HDMI Audio Driver for ATI" ?

THX,

Benba

EDIT: WTF: If bluetooth is deactivated "Digital Audio HDMI" is not available "Sound". If you turn it on again the "Digital Audio HDMI" is back... What ever: The "Realtek HDMI Driver for ATI" is still gone from the appwizzard but it works. Do I need this? And if yes: How to reinstall it without restoring to factory settings?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms