cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wiinter
Not applicable
Views: 217
Message 1 of 2

2-3 times per day, mouse slows to half speed for ~30sec, after upgrading to 3440x1440

Has anyone had this issue?  My P50 has been an absolute DREAM of a work machine.  I recently sprung for a massive 3440x1440 curved monitor, and a $400 DisplayPort and USB switcher (SV231DPDDUA2) to switch between my personal laptop (Y740) and my work laptop (P50). The mouse is a plain old wired Logitech M100.

Everything works great - and it's quite the setup. But I've noticed on my P50, at least a couple times per day, it's almost as if the DPI on the mouse switches into high-gear, and the same hand movement that would normally allow me to drag the cursor from one edge of the screen to the other now only gets me half as much distance.

I'll describe another way: the cursor on screen normally moves at a nice pace when, say, going left to right. But when the issue 'kicks in', it will only move at about half the rate, feeling extremly sluggish. Though, the actual FRAME rate seems the same - nothing is choppy on-screen, there are no processes gobbling up precious CPU cycles, nothing. It's just the cursor has decided to move much more slowly.

This lasts for about 30-40 seconds, and then the cursor speeds up again.

The only thing that has changed in my 3 years of using this beast of a machine is changing out the 2560x1080 with the new monitor, and the DisplayPort switcher.

I'll try connecting the mouse directly to the workstation for some extended troubleshooting, but I wanted to drop this question in the forum as well.  Will report back.

Jwes_Lenovo
Not applicable
Views: 143
Message 2 of 2

Re: 2-3 times per day, mouse slows to half speed for ~30sec, after upgrading to 3440x1440

Hi! May we know what happened when you connected the mouse directly to the workstation? You may also try updating the firmware of the Display Port and USB switcher.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors