cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nbx909
Punch Card
Views: 587
Message 1 of 3

3 week old Y550 video problem (vertical distorted bar)

I just got a Y550 about 3 weeks ago (with a dedicated video card). Last night a vertical bar about 3 inches wide possitioned on the left of the screen appeared. It fluxuates between being extremely distored to a vertical bar of multiple translucent horrizontal bars (have to have a dark background up to see). Luckly it stays in the translucent stage most of the time, however being a new computer this is unacceptable. I was wondering if there was a quick fix. I need a quick fix because I need this laptop for school and can not take nearly any time with out a computer if I plan to pass.  My last laptop (HP) died due to onboard video issues and I thought lenovo would be a better company.

Thank you in advance for any help.

nbx909
Punch Card
Views: 563
Message 2 of 3

Re: 3 week old Y550 video problem (vertical distorted bar)

the strip is now completely black. I'll be calling support tomarrow

nbx909
Punch Card
Views: 534
Message 3 of 3

Re: 3 week old Y550 video problem (vertical distorted bar)

I called tech support today and they said it sounded like an LCD issue.

My unpleasant surprise was that tech support can't expedite repairs, unlike any other company I've dealt with, they can only request for your repair to be expedited and in order to ensure it's approved they have to forward it to costumer relations which will take at least 5 days. So in order to expedite something at lenovo you have to wait 5 days. This is ridiculous, I thought Lenovo would be a good company, but 3 weeks into it, I've discovered that they ship defective products and have a terrible customer support structure. So I did "request" for expedition and they will have the box to me in 1 to 2 days. Then I have to figure out how I'm going to do my class work with out my laptop for at least a week. I wouldn't suggest lenovo to a friend, I should have gotten a mac.  

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors