Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MichaelScarn
Paper Tape
Views: 338
Message 1 of 3

4k Y50/70 screen upgrade

I have a 4k screen on my Y50-70 and was wondering can i just change it to a non 4k display to get more hertz for gaming? The 48 really isnt enough. And you know where could i get the display or what display would be good.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 323
Message 2 of 3

Re: 4k Y50/70 screen upgrade

Hi MichaelScarn,

Welcome to the Lenovo Community Forums!

Before replacing the LCD Panel, you can try to lower the resolution from 3840 x 2160 to 1920 x 1080 and changing the DPI. To change the DPI, please follow these steps:

1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the System icon.
2. Click/tap on Display on the left side, and click/tap on the Custom scaling link under Scale and layout on the right side.
3. Enter a custom scaling size between 100-500 % you want for all displays, and click/tap on Apply.
4. Click/tap on Sign out now to apply.

(Please see the attached sample image).

If you wish to replace the LCD screen to an FHD panel and the EDP cable, you can find the part numbers on page 95 of the Hardware Maintenance Manual here https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles_pub/lenovo_y40_50_series_hmm.pdf. You can check the prices and availability of these parts from the service parts ordering for Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) page here https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/migr-50319.

Hope this helps.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

MichaelScarn
Paper Tape
Views: 313
Message 3 of 3

Re: 4k Y50/70 screen upgrade

I have it at 1080p in games but i need to change it to a screen with higher refresh rate. So does the 4k screen and the 1080p scree n bolt in the same and do they use the same cable? I saw that on page 93 on that pdf was the parts for my laptop i think the screen is 4k but not touch. And noticed that the UHD screen and FHD screen have a diffirent cable product number but do they have a big diffirence? Could not find either cable on the online store.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors