Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
visualreactor
What's DOS?
Views: 6,033
Message 1 of 4

A few questions regarding Ideapad Z570

I recently purchased the Ideapad Z570 and I had a couple of questions:

Note that I live in India so expenses/availability in India would be helpful. Smiley Happy

• I have the Core i5-2410 processor. Can I upgrade it to Core i5 2430 and if yes at what cost?
    As a sub question is there a major difference between the two processors?
  • Can I change/upgrade to a different display panel? Is there an option for a Matte/Anti-Glare panel or perhaps an IPS panel?
  • At present I have 4 GB DDR3 RAM (2x2GB). How much will it cost to upgrade to 4x4GB i.e 8GB DDR3?

Any Z570 owners here? Have you'll done any aftermarket or official Lenovo upgrades? Smiley Happy

mushtis
Punch Card
Views: 6,021
Message 2 of 4

Re: A few questions regarding Ideapad Z570

Please check for the specifications that came with your configuration in that they will list what you can upgrade for the RAM

visualreactor
What's DOS?
Views: 6,012
Message 3 of 4

Oh yes I can upgrade. Max supported memory is 8GB. What I would like to know is the price of Lenovo sold RAM and other brands and basically which is better. I guess this is a question that can be answered with research. Smiley Happy However the others especially screen and processor upgrades I was hoping somebody can answer. Basically I bought a laptop that had 2 year extended warranty as an offer. But I later found out that the i5-2430 processor was just slightly costlier (just about Rs 500) than the i5-2410 config. So I was wondering if I can still upgrade through Lenovo for a small price. Also the screen, whether I can install a IPS-panel on this laptop or maybe a Matte screen.
Highlighted
mushtis
Punch Card
Views: 6,000
Message 4 of 4

They will happily upgrade it

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors