Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo P, Y and Z series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

67 Posts

01-16-2013

USA

281 Signins

851 Page Views

• Views: 851
  • Message 1 of 23

ABSOLUTELY FED UP with Lenovo and the y500

2013-05-28, 14:19 PM

This is completely unacceptable- in less than 4 months of owning my laptop i have had to ship it back 2x- once for a defective touchpad (which they knew about and shipped anyway) and now a hard drive replacement because the bios did not recognize it!  Now I am seeing something about the battery reset gauge- just wonderful. 

Why did i spend $1000 on a supposedly nice machine that needs to be repaired every 3 months.  I do not like the idea of constant shipping and handeling from New England to Texas every 3 months.  Lenovo refuses to offer warentee extensions, or other compensation for their quality machines. 

It is not like this is something I bought for a luxury- I need this every day- for shcool, volenteer activities, etc. 

Personally, I would love to get my money back and let lenovo keep their product and buy something that actually preformed as indicated. 

Lenovo, if you would like to do something about this please let me know- howver I expect you will not (what a suprise). 

Moderator Note; profanity / implied profanity edited. Please keep it clean.

Options

12 Posts

05-27-2013

Nicaragua

20 Signins

188 Page Views

• Views: 188
  • Message 2 of 23

Re: ABSOLUTELY FED UP with Lenovo and the y500

2013-06-01, 23:08 PM

HI. Friend. You said something related with a HDD replacement because the Bios did not recognize it. Can you tell me if when you got this problem. you got this message when turning on the laptop:

Defauld boot device Missing or Boot Failed.
Insert Recovery Media and Hit any key
then select boot manager to choose a new Boot
Device or to Boot Recovery Media.

When you got this repaired. Did this happen to you again? or Was it fixed and no problem was seen again? .

I'm having this problem. Want to know if someone else have the same issue.

Options

67 Posts

01-16-2013

USA

281 Signins

851 Page Views

• Message 3 of 23

2013-06-01, 23:23 PM

woo mods cleaning  posts and not solving- must be nice to get the good, problem free, no trouble with customer service... what that must be like getting something you expect to work...  You wouldnt have to clean posts up if your company didnt sell poor quality products- instead we could be discussing what accesories to buy, great games to play etc...

anyway in regards to my hdd issue- i was having many freezeups and blue screens started to pop up often- did a full system wipe and that did not clear thigns up.  If your machine is still in its return/ refund timeframe do that or ask for a swap- dealing with support is a total bitch...  I will let you know what the US service center does for me- also invstigate issues with the mobo- looks like lenovo sent machines out knowing they have defective motherboards...

Options

12 Posts

05-27-2013

Nicaragua

20 Signins

188 Page Views

• Message 4 of 23

2013-06-01, 23:56 PM

Thanks for reply. 

I just recieve my laptop last week but i took too much time to arrive to my country so Im not in the refound time anymore. You people from Lenovo. should look at your products before sending them out because you are having so much issues. My laptop just worked for 3 days before showing the issue. Im sending back my laptop to the US and it is not a cheap thing. I hope to get this fixed. and have to sent it back to you again. or at least try to have a valid repair center in my Country.

Options

67 Posts

01-16-2013

USA

281 Signins

851 Page Views

• Message 5 of 23

2013-06-02, 1:32 AM

I think it is from the date your recived it... but yeah I can see how it might be a hassle.  In the US they pay for the shipping both ways- might want to check if they do that for you too...

Well I checked the repair tracking site- on hold due to a parts shortage- last time this happened it was a good 6 weeks before I saw my machine again...

Options

12 Posts

05-27-2013

Nicaragua

20 Signins

188 Page Views

• Message 6 of 23

2013-06-02, 16:08 PM

I already talked with them. They just pay for shipping in the US, so I have to send my laptop back to the US before sending it to Lenovo

What do you mean by 6 weeks?? Is that the time you have to wait to get your machine fixed??? or was it the time they took to repair the last issue before the current one.?

Options

67 Posts

01-16-2013

USA

281 Signins

851 Page Views

• Message 7 of 23

2013-06-02, 16:11 PM

the 6 weeks was from the time I sent it to Lenovo for repair to the time I recived it back- so pretty much sat in their repair center for 6 weeks.

It is looking like that will happen again on this current repair- do not have the parts in stock... (which makes me wonder if they actually stock parts, and if they ever do repair machines in 5-7 business days)

Options

12 Posts

05-27-2013

Nicaragua

20 Signins

188 Page Views

• Message 8 of 23

2013-06-02, 16:29 PM

Oh God. I hope this not happen with my machine. Just a Horrible service. Your current problems is the same as mine right? The Bios don't recognize the HDD

Options

67 Posts

01-16-2013

USA

281 Signins

851 Page Views

• Message 9 of 23

2013-06-07, 12:19 PM

yeah man that sounds about right- if I were you i would say the hell with it and void your warentee replacing the HDD yourself (not sure what it takes to get a HDD to your part of the world )  or even upgrade to a full on SSD- would make this computer super fast- when it decides to work...

Rant:

So here we are 6 business days after lenovo has recived my computer for the second time and has it moved since june 1st?  NO!! they are still waiting for the parts- dont say it takes 5-7 business days to fix a computer when you sit on your ass and never have parts in stock- I highly HIGLY doubt you will have your    togeter to ship it out on June 11th like you are supposed to. 

I dont know what you morons do or how you manage your company and inventory but JIT is not the way to do it for computer repair- or my guess, you build such crappy computers that you have so many devices for repair you cant keep up- do yourselves a favor and build it right the first time- you will save alot more time and money that way- this is unacceptable- it is not like these computers are used for pure enterntainment- students rely on them for classes and you totally  them over by the constant malfunctions and piss poor service.
  YOU WONT EVEN OFFER FREE WARENTTEE EXTNESIONS OR 'GOODIES' TO YOUR CUSTOMERS INCONVIENCED WITH YOUR TERRIABLE PRODUCTS!!

I really really wish i could return and get my money back for this crap device- I have some protections at my disposial that I very well may use...

Moderator Note; profanity / implied profanity edited, please keep it clean.

Options

12 Posts

05-27-2013

Nicaragua

20 Signins

188 Page Views

• Message 10 of 23

2013-06-08, 13:54 PM

I know man, I Know that i should replace the HDD by myself but the thing is that if there is no problem with the HDD but with the Motherboard. That will be awful. Because I will be killing my laptop. 

I already sent the laptop back to the US yesterday. hope to send it to lenovo's repair center by june 15th. Probably I run with a bit of luck and they git the parts by the time the goy my laptop.

But definitly, they should do their work, building the right thing. very dessapointed  with my first lenovo.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms