Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
5H4D0WP146U3
Blue Screen Again
Views: 247
Message 1 of 3

AC Adapter won't connect until shut down/hibernate

I have a Y510P, Core i7, Purchased this year in April.

So, I have been having this weird problem.

I used the Lenovo Energy Management Tool to reset the battery guage. After that, if the laptop is on charge and suppose the adapter gets disconnected from the power outlet, it won't connect just by plugging it back in. I have to shut the laptop down or put it in hibernate mode so the battery is not in use. Turn of the power supply, take out the battery, turn on the power supply and put the battery back in. Only now the adapter will work.

This all happened after the Battery Guage Reset.

I don't know what to do.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 219
Message 2 of 3

Re: AC Adapter won't connect until shut down/hibernate

Hi 5h4dowp146u3,

Welcome to Lenovo Community!

As per the query we understood that you are facing a issue with the system as you are not able to connect the adapter.

Go to device manager, under the batteries you need uninstall the Microsoft AC adapter driver and Microsoft ACPI complaint control method battery driver and restart the system and check for the issue.

Hope this helps! Do post us back for further queries.

Best regards,

Ashwin.S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

5H4D0WP146U3
Blue Screen Again
Views: 209
Message 3 of 3

Re: AC Adapter won't connect until shut down/hibernate

I did that accordingly, but the problem is still there. Any other solution? Thanks.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors